iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Portable sawmill in west mi.

Started by Rocky runner, May 26, 2013, 01:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocky runner

I am looking for a portable sawmill in west mi.  I have two large walnut logs and a smaller maple log to cut,  thanks

JohnM

And how much would you like the miller to pay you to saw the walnut? ??? ;) ;D :D

Just kidding, Rocky. :)  (Old jokes are old. ::))  Welcome to the forum!
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Jeff

Check the find-a-sawyer database.  Link up in the top right corner of the page.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Rocky runner,welcome to the forum. What's the lumber going to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum,  Rocky runner.   :)

You must have some woodworking interest.  Care to share?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Rocky runner

Well I haven't done a whole lot of traditional woodworking.  I have built a couple houses and did all the wood work on those.  Our current house has a lot of maple trim,  and I made some custom trim, in a few spots.  These walnut trees were on my wife's parents property and no one wanted to buy them.  They were going to use them for firewood! 

My wife wants me to make stair treads out of the walnut,  but everything else is maple, it looks great,  and I don't want to redo it again already.  I think I want to make a table or two out of the walnut.

Here is a link to a picture of the larger log.

CRAIGSLIST LINKS ARE NOT ALLOWED

Rocky runner

I tried the data base.  I did not get any results,  for any type of mill.  Am I doing something wrong?

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Rocky runner!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

terrifictimbersllc

Maybe you picked too many things from the menu.  If I pick only bandsaws-portable, and Michigan, nothing else, I get quite a few hits.  See attached PDF file.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Magicman

Also some of the sawmill manufacturers listed on the sponsor list to the left have links to sawyers.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

john.a.hoover

Good Morning,Welcome to the forum.

I do portable sawmilling.
I am located in Covert Mich. This is 8 mi south of South Haven.
Hoover's Mill LLC.
269-487-7912

Rocky runner

Thanks guys, I did get the data base to work.  I found someone very lose.  John I will keep you in mind also.

Magicman

Now how about taking some pictures while sawing and sharing the adventure here with us  ???

The ending of your story could very well also be a new beginning.   :)

Thank You Sponsors!