iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Out with the old and in with the new

Started by DbltreeBelgians, May 25, 2013, 07:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DbltreeBelgians

Got my new Cooks guides in the mail about 2 weeks ago and got them installed last weekend.
So glad to se the old sandwich guides gone.
Set up was a little tricky but I think it turned out well after a little fab work on the Bridgeport and some help from the Miller 200.
Next is a better lube system. I don't care for the drip tube and I'm trying to design a fine mist on both sides of blade or a felt wick set up.
Here's a pic of the old guides

And here's a pic of the newly installed Cooks guides

thecfarm

Lets see if I can help out my poor old eyes,

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

I am sure that your lumber will thank you.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ladylake

Looks real nice, it should saw a lot better.  I'd put a good chip deflector before the guide roller .   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Chuck White

I thing there's already one there Steve!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

DbltreeBelgians

Thecfarm,
Thanks for tweaking my pictures. Not sure just what happened there,  say_what, but you got
it straightened out. Thanks again.
Steve,
Yes they came from Cooks with heavy deflectors installed.
I don't know why I waited so long to put theses on. They are sweet from what I had.
Anybody have a nice clean looking set up for a blade lube system? Was thinking about
a windshield washer pump type deal but may try diesel and oil mix. Not sure the pump
would hold up to the diesel or be able to pump a mix of that and oil.
Thanks for all your replies.
Time to go rake hay. My boys gotta eat.  smiley_horserider

Brent

Thank You Sponsors!