iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This guy didn't know how lucky he was.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, May 25, 2013, 05:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Pics tell a thousand words. Enough said.  :)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Andy White

POSTONLT40HD
Is that one of those dreaded Red Cedar Toads that I've been hearing about?
They say they can really mess up a blade !
Hope they don't make it to Texas!!!               Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

redbeard

I see this post turning to food  :D that's a big one!
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Tree Feller

I read today where frogs and other amphibians were rapidly declining in numbers. I wonder if their decline coincided with David getting a Woodmizer?   :D :D :D
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

terrifictimbersllc

You will need to clamp him, shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

kelLOGg

Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I think I'll order a DE-FROGGER.  :D :D :D

Nomad

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on May 25, 2013, 06:45:41 PM
You will need to clamp him, shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

OOOOOO.....  He's gonna squawk real bad if you try to clamp him! :D  Saw him on the run.  Moving targets are so much more of a challenge! ;D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

barbender

Not to mention the high quality saw timber Poston is coming into these days ;D What's next, holes big enough for a woodchuck or something to come jumping out at you? :D
Too many irons in the fire

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Satamax

Quote from: Tree Feller on May 25, 2013, 06:42:29 PM
I read today where frogs and other amphibians were rapidly declining in numbers. I wonder if their decline coincided with David getting a Woodmizer?   :D :D :D

Thanks to chemical companies, like monsanto, bayers, basf etc poisoning the whole world!
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Magicman

I guess that a toad of one of the few things that might climb/crawl into a log that I have not sliced.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LAZERDAN

And the Princess kissed the toad and a beautiful logger appeared .  something like that   OH sorry I remember it was a Woodsman      Let us know how it turns out                                  Lazerdan

Cedarman

Research is showing amphibian decline is not caused by chemicals, but by a disease brought over from Africa that is spreading across the rest of the world.  The frogs from Africa were used in research is the reason they were brought over. 
Chemicals in the environment could well be causing a host of other problems.  The hormones and drugs flushed down the toilet and entering our streams are definitely causing problems.
Our frogs and toads are having enough problems without having to watch out for sawblades.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

wheelinguy

I was splitting firewood last year, I split a maple log with a small hollow in it and when it went in half there were 6 mice staring back at me !!! :D

Satamax

Quote from: Cedarman on May 26, 2013, 06:48:33 AM
Research is showing amphibian decline is not caused by chemicals, but by a disease brought over from Africa that is spreading across the rest of the world.  The frogs from Africa were used in research is the reason they were brought over. 
Chemicals in the environment could well be causing a host of other problems.  The hormones and drugs flushed down the toilet and entering our streams are definitely causing problems.
Our frogs and toads are having enough problems without having to watch out for sawblades.

May be there's a illness affecting the toads and other amphibians, but they eat insects, and insects are killed by insecticides, so even if they aren't affected directly by the chemicals, their food supply is. Less food for amphibians, = less amphibians.
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

WDH

David,

Have you been playing with frogs, again  ???.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on May 26, 2013, 09:16:56 PM
David,

Have you been playing with frogs, again  ???.

Yep....I'll never grow up.  ;D

Po-Jo

i dont know where you guys live but here in south ga, we had all that rain in the spring and now when you go outside you can see the ground move in places, take a closer look and its little toads by the millions they are everywhere, lm glad to see them , all the bugs are in deep trouble right now, which i dont mind at all, just got to watch out for the snakes, i had to take out a 4+ foot rattle snake a couple weeks ago, cant have those around the house with all the critters and little kids

clww

Great picture, David. I've found a bunch of stuff in the trees before, but I've never had a toad in one. Yet. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: clww on May 26, 2013, 09:55:58 PM
Great picture, David. I've found a bunch of stuff in the trees before, but I've never had a toad in one. Yet. :)

It is truly amazing with the technology we have today where we can just pull a Phone/Camera out of our pocket and snap a pic within seconds.
Wouldn't it have been nice to have these Phone Cams back when we were teenagers?  :D NOT.  ;D

Howdy

*****FLASH******
News line:  Wood-mizer
Breaking News Released for distribution

Newest Bandmill Option now available.

"The Croaker" is the latest way to prevent sawing into your band mill log dogs.  Whenever a saw blade comes near the dogs the Croaker alarm will sound and a visual warning appears.  The appearance of the toad will assist the hearing impaired operator of impending danger. 

This replaces the last version called "The Barker".  Although the Barker was effective, it caused our Caterpillar diesel engine to run wild while sawing. 

We wish to continue your safety and protecting saw dogs remains a option everyone should have. 

Magicman

I can hear see it now.  The "Croaker" app is installed on the smartphone.  When the phone croaks in the sawyer's back pocket he thinks that it is a rattlesnake, jumps the control box, lands on the "Barker" who immediately turns and bites the sawyer on the leg.  The sawyer who now thinks that he is snake bit, reaches for his smartphone and dials 911.  Since he is only able to mumble something about croakers, barkers, and log dogs, the EMT guys cart him off to this years Pig Roast where he can finally relax and enjoy the company of his fellow FF friends.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Magicman on May 28, 2013, 08:40:10 AM
I can hear see it now.  The "Croaker" app is installed on the smartphone.  When the phone croaks in the sawyer's back pocket he thinks that it is a rattlesnake, jumps the control box, lands on the "Barker" who immediately turns and bites the sawyer on the leg.  The sawyer who now thinks that he is snake bit, reaches for his smartphone and dials 911.  Since he is only able to mumble something about croakers, barkers, and log dogs, the EMT guys cart him off to this years Pig Roast where he can finally relax and enjoy the company of his fellow FF friends.   :)

I thought Howdy was a potter, not a RGDD (Rube Goldberg Device Designer)...

Need to git the Boss or somebody else who can draw to graph that one out in classic fashion.

Herb

Thank You Sponsors!