iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I Hate To Say Anything

Started by Autocar, May 20, 2013, 08:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

But man it was warm cutting timber today 88 degrees, the woods Iam working in has hardmaple two inches to six and its so thick you can't see beyond the hood of the skidder. Dosen't make a very good looking job I suppose before I pull out of there I will walk the skid trails and snipe off all the broken stubs.
Bill

timberlinetree

It's not the temp it's the BUGS that get me! Hoping some day to run a enclosed cad with a/c!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

jdtuttle

This time of year you never know what we'll get. I play in a mens monday night golf league. 2 weeks ago it was in the 30's and snowed. This week it was in the 80's & humid. Can't wait to see what's in store next week.
Have a great day

SwampDonkey

Auto, sounds like a thinning saw job to be had, not a logging job. ;) Musta been quite a lot of open sky in the upper canopy. But that's getting a little hot for running a clearing saw. I've worked in 95 degree heat with a clearing saw, but it wasn't fun at all. Them kind of days you can barely walk out to the car. Would rather work in the rain, gonna be wet anyway. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Auto,a guy down the road here didn't bother with the stubs.  :o It wasn't that thick,but lots of 4 inch stuff just got knocked down and left. And it's right next to the road so the ones that don't know can say all logging makes a mess. I think about 2 acres. It's good you care about a job left behind.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Autocar

I was cutting dead ash and some white and red oak, ash was averageing three hundred board feet and the red oak was thousand to twelve hundred foot a tree and the white was seven hundred foot average. Hard maple will grow in the shade around here and was about a jungle on the understory tree. I just about have it all trucked but got rainned out this afternoon. I did get all the stubs cut down so it looks alot better on the skid trails now.
Bill

SwampDonkey

With wood like that one can afford to cut stubs, but if your cutting low grade pulp that's a different tune. Gotta have a wider view. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!