iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dumb Question

Started by Sixacresand, May 19, 2013, 04:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

I noticed in South Georgia there looked to hundreds of acres of fence post size pine trees that have been killed by fire.  Is this simply the result of forest fire or is it some kind of process for fence post production? 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

WDH

I believe that it was the result of some major forest fires.  Lots and lots of timber, hundreds of thousands of acres, were lost. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Sixacresand

Quote from: WDH on May 19, 2013, 09:43:02 PM
I believe that it was the result of some major forest fires.  Lots and lots of timber, hundreds of thousands of acres, were lost.

Thanks.  I figured you would know, it it had something to do with a pine tree.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

wmrussel

I arrived in Yulee, FL to cruise timber on some Rayonier property back in 2011.  It was smokey everywhere in the area, miles away from the wildfires.  Very surreal, especially since I arrived after dark.
My name is William, but people call me Pete.  Long story......

Martha White Nelson

Good morning!!!!  There is never a dumb or stupid question.  Ask on!!!!!
Hope you have a wonderful day!!!
Martha

Shaggy

around here (South Mississippi) they purposely set fires as the Longleaf Yellow Pines here need fire to seed the forest AND the young trees can survive small fires while the other pines and hardwoods are cleared out along w/ all underbrush... Its still freaky to see hundreds to thousands of acres on fire @ night but it helps the forest if done correctly...

Crazy thing is a neighbor has 2000 acres of longleaf BUT the government said he had ONLY 4 hours to "BURN" his woods... He told the bureacrap :D oops I mean bureaucrat that after 4 hrs SHE could try n stop the fire as 2000 acres take that long to just ignite it LOL

WDH

In GA, you are not allowed to burn at night.  Smoke does not disperse and is a major hazard to people and traffic. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!