iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First dry run since surgery! No logs,(wife watching)

Started by drobertson, May 17, 2013, 07:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

I had to do some of the usual ATF''n, on the mast, and main rail, check voltage and the sorts, Accuset setting and the rest of what one would do if cutting,  all is good, Lots of tall grass, to weed eat and mow, (out of the docs' orders for another few weeks, but it sure felt good to see the mill up going, without a hitch,  would've had pics, but here again, kinda boring when the dust ain'nt flying,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

It is OK to wish and hope, but follow the plan  :D.  Don't ask me how I know this  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tree Feller

Hang in there, David and you will be sawing soon. You sure don't want any setbacks now.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

drobertson

Well, thanks, fellows, and just to say, you know how strong the urge was! man I was cranking the lift, charging the battery of course, ;D looking at the remaining cedar to cut, and the pine I bought for the up coming shed,(personal project)  yep, biting the bit, but remaining calm, nice to see the mill just as I left it, running like a top, just hate to see the weeds, need to get the college boy busy in the morning I suppose, hate asking someone to do what I could be doing,  just a matter of time, and we all know how fast it goes,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

If I was closer I'd do some week wacking for ya. Making even some sawing too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WmFritz

Quote from: thecfarm on May 17, 2013, 09:26:22 PM
If I was closer I'd do some week wacking for ya. Making even some sawing too.

Yup and I'd offbeat for you guys if we weren't so far apart. Be nice to get some of that
shed lumber drying. :laugh: :laugh:

Before you know it, you'll be covered in sawdust David.  ;)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

drobertson

You boys,(Men) are the best, I will get the (youngster out) after the setting fog lifts, looks like a beautiful night here, thinking I would like to be throwing a spinner bait in some grass covered standing timber bout now, again, time, and patience, yall, have a great week end,  david

roghair

I wasn't aware of your back problems before, but just read your 'Sciatica pain' thread. Good to hear things are getting better now. I had a comparable surgery when I was 26 and know how hard it is to stay patient (not patient as in sick  :)  ) Take care!
built a sawmill

drobertson

You bet! All is good, just part of the Plan, one that is often hard to figure out sometimes,  david

dboyt

Be patient, David.  It'll seem like forever, but you're getting closer to making sawdust.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Buddyw

David , I can feel your pain having to wait to get something done. Just try to do what the old doc said .
I am just now working on setting my mill up that I bought last fall.

dboyt

Aawww, Buddyw, you did it too.  There ought to be a law about posting a mill & not telling us what it is!  How about at least putting it in your signature line... not hard to do, just edit your profile-- & post a photo of it while you're at it!

Buddyw

dboyt, I have a post on my project mill going on now. Look for               "setting up Frick 01 sawmill" 

drobertson

Nice work Buddy! I just spoke to a Frick owner over the week end, pretty big operation he has, and has had for years,  as for the shoulder surgery, you are doing well, the rest of the complications go without saying, very proud of your determination, I'm sure your effort will be rewarded 8)  I will stay with your progress for sure,  david

drobertson

Another dry run, aired up the lift tire, ran the mill through the paces, another great visit with a very potential client, really nice folks it seems, invited us for lunch Saturday just for the trouble of evaluating the log deck, something tells me I will be cutting their logs.  Time will tell, but the gut, and we have to miss their lunch  offer, that these folks are the real deal, not that it matters, but nice folks are so nice to work with and for,  david

dboyt

Dave, glad you're still moving forward.  Good customers are worth keeping!  One of the things I like most about milling is the people I meet (and those on the forum that I hope to meet in person).

Thank You Sponsors!