iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The passing of a friend

Started by Texas Ranger, May 16, 2013, 04:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

From a local bulletin board.

today my best friend passed away after a short battle with cancer. michael carter owned the custom shop in livingston. many folks new him. michael was a fine gentleman, with a high degree of honor, who loved his family greatly, and loved freedom. he was/is my best friend and i will miss him mightily.today michael is free. fly high brother. i will see ya one day. prayers for his family please.

He posted here as Tcmpsi, his own man.  I am proud to have known him.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

isawlogs

So sad to hear of a friend passing, my condolences to the family.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

beenthere

Very sad, and am very sorry to hear that news. He was a good member of the Forestry Forum.
Prayers for his family and his friends.

Always had a time trying to pronounce his forum name...   ;)

Believe it was Tcsmpsi             

He impressed me with his sawmill shed build, and subsequent additions. A big loss.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=profile;u=3641
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Sprucegum

:(  my condolences as well  :(

I admired his vocabulary

Texas Ranger

His forum name was an acronym  for his business, the full name I cannot remember. It covered a lot of ground. 

Roxie

My heartfelt sympathy to his family and friends.  His contribution and friendship on the forum will be greatly missed. 
Say when

WDH

the custom shop mikata protective service institute = tcsmpsi.

Michael was a philosopher and a free spirit.  It was always a pleasure to visit with him whenever I made it over to Livingston, Texas to work on the timberland that I was managing there.  He was one of the most unique individuals that I have ever met.  He will be missed here.  Rest in peace, Michael.   
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WH_Conley

Hate to hear it. I enjoyed his posts.
Bill

DanG

I will miss that unique mind of his.  He posted some very interesting ideas on this forum.  We were fortunate to have him as our friend.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

thecfarm

That is sad to hear, We will miss him on the FF.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WmFritz

My prayers and condolences to tcsmpsi's Family and Friends.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Dave Shepard

I'm sorry to hear this sad news.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Warbird

sigh.  I'm going to miss him, too.  Prayers will be going out for his family and the numerous friends he has left behind.

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

fat olde elf

Sorry for your loss TR. When we get over that 70 mark, we seem to lose more people.  God bless............
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Texas Ranger

A face to go with the name.  The  man in the middle.

Jeff

Thank you for that picture Don.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

I had never really talked about age with Michael, assuming he was in my realm of years.  He was 61.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ely

sad day for the members here, he will be missed, thanks so much for the posting.

Texas Ranger

Thanks, BT, never thought to go to obits.

Ernie

Sorry to hear about your loss TR.  It's comforting to know that, with God's grace, we will meet again in a far better place.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

WDH

It is the entire Forum's loss.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Chuck White

Sorry to hear of the loss!

On this Forum, you can get really close to a lot of good people without physically meeting them, eye-to-eye!

He will be missed here!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

doctorb

He was a unique contributor here.  I am sure he will be missed by many.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

customsawyer

Thoughts and prayers to the family.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Another great soul departs this mortal plane.

My thoughts and prayers for the family and all our Forum friends who will miss his presence in this life.

May we all remember him...

Herb

scsmith42

I will miss his posts; he had some insightful perspectives.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

clww

Sad to have lost him from the Forum. :'(
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

It is always sad to loose a friend that you never met but grew to respect through his posts here.  His presence will be missed.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SPIKER

:( very sad , was genuine in his way & tried to help many out when able here and I'm sure at home.

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Magicman

Quote from: tcsmpsi on February 03, 2012, 05:50:24 AM
Geewhillickers, Magicman!   Running in to a whack of cypress like that is....blessed.   ;D
Michael always had a way with words.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!