iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT25 Wood Mizer

Started by pgball, May 16, 2013, 11:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pgball

I am new to the site, from Alpine, AL.  Bought a used 1994 LT25 G11 Wood Mizer about 8 weeks ago. Finally cut my first log after 47 days. Replaced the roller bearings (probably didn't have to do this after looking at the old one's), get the engine checked (Need a magneto and the carb cleaned and adjusted), checked all the setup.

I had some Black Cherry and Eastern Cedar already. Cut some cherry first.

I have a question: How is the throttle cable connected. I emailed Cary Kenney, he has sold his LT25 about a year ago, he recommended calling WM tech support, and they did not have a detail diagram but did have a part listing. I think I have all the part except the return spring.

If anyone could send me a picture or answer to my question it would be greatly appreciated.

LT25 Wood Mizer First Cut Video
http://youtu.be/9jibjMv9F0s

Wood-Mizer LT40HDG26, Kubota B26 TLB, MF 1010, Badboy Pup, CC 285, Stihl MS250

AdamT

I can't help you with your question, but someone else will know.

I will say that your mill looked good. Seems like it was a well cared for unit. Congrats on the new mill and welcome to the forum!

"And that's the first cut!"  Classic. I loved that part!

2017 Wood-Mizer LT40HDD35-RA
2011 Wood-Mizer LT40 HD

It's better to have it and not need it then it is to need it and not have it

VictorH

Welcome to the Forum pgball.  Can't help with your question but as Adam said someone will be along soon to give you an answer.
Victor

jmouton

we have the same saw  as you  but i changed the briggs out for a honda  ,much better choice,   but anyway  your second  pic  ,   the throttle cable attaches to the  long bracket  with the bend in the end of it  and attaches  via  the  1/4 inch  screw  that holds the clamp on the end,,  when you engage the blade it idles the engine up to full throttle  if its runnin rite  .  the little lever on top of that is the choke  lever  .  i would take pics of it  but i dont know how to get pics on the computer   ,   if you got anymore questions  just ask ,                           

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

thecfarm

pgball,welcome to the forum. What's the plan for the lumber? Ever been around a mill before?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dgdrls

welcome aboard pgball.

dandy mill you have there,  keep the pictures coming!!

dgd

Peter Drouin

Welcome to the FF,can;t help with the spring, gas thing, but cut a little faster and use less  water, good job and remember have fun with it :D :D 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

pgball

Quote from: AdamT on May 16, 2013, 11:57:08 AM
I can't help you with your question, but someone else will know.

I will say that your mill looked good. Seems like it was a well cared for unit. Congrats on the new mill and welcome to the forum!

"And that's the first cut!"  Classic. I loved that part!

Thanks!

pgball

Quote from: VictorH on May 16, 2013, 08:34:48 PM
Welcome to the Forum pgball.  Can't help with your question but as Adam said someone will be along soon to give you an answer.
Victor
Thanks!

pgball

Quote from: jmouton on May 16, 2013, 09:30:58 PM
we have the same saw  as you  but i changed the briggs out for a honda  ,much better choice,   but anyway  your second  pic  ,   the throttle cable attaches to the  long bracket  with the bend in the end of it  and attaches  via  the  1/4 inch  screw  that holds the clamp on the end,,  when you engage the blade it idles the engine up to full throttle  if its runnin rite  .  the little lever on top of that is the choke  lever  .  i would take pics of it  but i dont know how to get pics on the computer   ,   if you got anymore questions  just ask ,                           

jim

What size did you change to? I am going to try to connect the cable as you said but I was wondering where to connect the return spring, I don't see anywhere that it may have been attached. Thanks for the info.

You can upload the pic if you have a smart phone or download from a camera then upload. It's a little difficult it took my a minute to figure out.
Patrick

pgball

Quote from: thecfarm on May 16, 2013, 09:44:47 PM
pgball,welcome to the forum. What's the plan for the lumber? Ever been around a mill before?

I played in this cherry tree growing up. I plan to make at least two bookcase with it and don't know what else yet. The diameter is about 24 inches. I have visit several mills before but not been around any for long. I had planned to buy a Timber King 1400 in the 80"s and cut the lumber for a log house but ended up building a ranch stick built brick house, so now this is my big boy toy. I like it.

pgball

Quote from: dgdrls on May 16, 2013, 10:02:39 PM
welcome aboard pgball.

dandy mill you have there,  keep the pictures coming!!

dgd

Thanks! I have few more video and pics that I will be posting.

pgball

Quote from: Peter Drouin on May 16, 2013, 10:03:20 PM
Welcome to the FF,can;t help with the spring, gas thing, but cut a little faster and use less  water, good job and remember have fun with it :D :D 8) 8)

Thanks! I realize that I was using way too much water and going far too slow. I was really please after my first cut. I appreciate any advise that I can get. Thanks again and keep the advise coming!

WDH

If you cut too fast, you can tell by the way the engine loads up and begins to struggle.  Cut at a speed just below that point.  You can hear it and feel it as you move the head and blade through the log.  I wish that I had a cherry log like that one.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pgball

Quote from: WDH on May 17, 2013, 07:41:30 AM
If you cut too fast, you can tell by the way the engine loads up and begins to struggle.  Cut at a speed just below that point.  You can hear it and feel it as you move the head and blade through the log.  I wish that I had a cherry log like that one.

Thanks for the info. That is actually one of the limbs for the tree. The main trunk is about 20 inches in diameter. I will post when I cut it.

jmouton

hey pgball   i put  a 13 hp honda on it  and its way better than the briggs   ,  all you do is bolt it right up  to the  holes on the  mounting plate ,   dont have to drill  at all  , 

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

pgball

Thanks! Do you have it throttling up when you engage the blade?

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum. That is a good looking mill you have there. Remember you are not a real sawyer till you cut your mill a little bit or a lot. ;D It will most likely happen when someone is watching. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

fishpharmer

Welcome to FF!
Congrats on the first cut on your first mill.  Let me warn you it's an addiction!
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thecfarm

Quote from: customsawyer on May 18, 2013, 05:12:10 PM
Welcome to the forum. That is a good looking mill you have there. Remember you are not a real sawyer till you cut your mill a little bit or a lot. ;D It will most likely happen when someone is watching. :D

And with just about a new blade too.  :D  Won't happen when the blade is just about to be thrown away.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Red Clay Hound

Welcome to the forum pgball.  Hope you get your throttle issue figured out.  Nothing like building something using lumber you sawed from a tree that has sentimental value! :) :)
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum,    pgball.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pgball

Yeah! Already did it. No one was watching.

pgball

Quote from: fishpharmer on May 18, 2013, 06:10:05 PM
Welcome to FF!
Congrats on the first cut on your first mill.  Let me warn you it's an addiction!

Thanks! I know it's addict, i have already been looking to upgrade to a LT40 Hydraulic.

pgball

Quote from: thecfarm on May 18, 2013, 08:30:41 PM

And with just about a new blade too.  :D  Won't happen when the blade is just about to be thrown away.

Lucky it was not a new blade but it did have some life to it.

Thank You Sponsors!