iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

first project with own lumber

Started by roghair, May 16, 2013, 07:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roghair

Here's the first 'project' I built with lumber I sawed from my own logs.

My father in law (82) thought he needed a young emu (besides his chickens and other birds), so I built this little shelter although the emu prefers to sleep outside  :D

built a sawmill

justallan1

Wait until winter, maybe the emu will like it a bit more. Nice job.
Allan

JohnM

That's great, Rog!  I'm not sure which I'm looking forward to more, getting a mill or building with the lumber produced.  jk...it's the mill! ;D ;) :D

Emu's are just a strange bird...but than there are several of those on this site.  materhead

;D

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: JohnM on May 16, 2013, 08:27:34 AM

Emu's are just a strange bird...but than there are several of those on this site.  materhead

;D

JM

Naw, emu's ain't strange, they're just bigger stock for the world famous

MagicMan Chickin Crispin!

Herb

dboyt

Looks like a great start.  How did you cut the siding?  Something like that would make a good sawmill shed, too.  Enjoy the mill.  I look forward to photos of your next project.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

giant splinter

Nice job and some clean looking lumber.
roll with it

roghair

Looking to those chicken wings :-X it's too bad I can't make it to MM's chicken crispin (supposing I'm invited) and check out the cabin addition, although a trip to the US would be nice... do some internship with the real sawyers  ;)

dboyt, I'm not sure what you mean with 'how I cut the siding', These were from one of my first logs and I just sawed the cant from top to bottom, so there are some boards that have the pith right on the surface.
built a sawmill

lowpolyjoe

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Did somebody rattle my cage?  materhead  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

JohnM

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on May 16, 2013, 03:48:22 PM
Did somebody rattle my cage?  materhead  :D
smiley_curtain_peek

;) :) ;D :D
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

WDH

Roghair,

Now that is a nice birdhouse  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!