Earth Day video featuring the Firewoodinator Processor

Started by Tam-i-am, May 14, 2013, 01:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

I thought I would go out and try to get some new video of the processor in use by someone other than Kevin.
Well I still ended up with video of Kevin running the machine, but I could never have imagined the unbelievable footage I shot of the hydraulic splitters that were also there that day.  I guess timing is everything!   :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trkLUhcC79I&feature=share&list=UUHMnDG56m23m5okjnlhnAlg

Enjoy!
Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Leigh Family Farm

First, great video and explanations.
Two, nice grab on the exploding hydra hose
Three, when are you having a raffle to win one?  :D ;)
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

beenthere

Right off the bat in that video, shows the splitter I use. Albeit I hope I'm not that clumsy-looking while running it (but only one is ever operating the valve handle).  ;D

But watching the Firewoodinator just makes me wish that much more for one to show up in my wood yard. Any slim excuse, like for my old splitter to cough once or hiccup twice, and I'd be figuring a way to own one.
Not interested in going into business processing firewood to sell, but might/would consider going on the road and hiring out to do custom splitting. I wouldn't work as fast as Kevin, as he looks like he is breaking into a sweat. I'd try to avoid that  ;D

My log pile waiting to be split just keeps getting bigger, and .........  maybe someday...   ::) ::)

Any future shows in the Midwest where there could be a showing? and not get returned? :) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Brad_bb

How could anyone buy a new slow hydraulic unit today now that the Firewoodinator is available??  You guys have solve so many problems and sped the process up so much.   The only thing better would be 2 splitters!
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Tam-i-am

I could get it as far as the pig roast.  I hear Jeff may have some wood that needs a splittin'  :D

Jeff

If I win this contest and get some cash to afford to do so, I'll have some trees that need to be taken down and will have a bunch of wood that could be used to demo. If I don't win, than the next big storm with a north wind is probably going to take my barn out. :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tam-i-am

So next year's pig roast activity is live demos.

1- arborist demo -  climbing and tree removal
2- firewood production

;D

Rooster

Quote from: Tamiam on May 19, 2013, 05:16:23 PM
So next year's pig roast activity is live demos.

1- arborist demo -  climbing and tree removal
2- firewood production

;D
Or...
3-  An old fashioned timber-frame barn raising to replace the one the possible storm might take out...eh? ;)
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tam-i-am

Sounds like everyone will be busy at the Pig Roast this year.