iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I couldn't stand it......it was ORANGE!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, May 13, 2013, 06:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I pulled the trigger and stayed Orange. Kabota 500 4x4. They had Camo packages but I figured if I'm gonna take it hunting, I want other hunters to see me coming.  :D

This new ride will really come in handy around the farm and mill. My Dad at 86, has a Camo 500.....but I never get to use it....he takes it every where.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Dave Shepard

Nice! That's my other favorite color orange. 8) My mother has the 1140 CPX crew cab model. She said she wasn't going to use it much, only about 400 hours a year so far. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Raider Bill on May 13, 2013, 06:40:54 PM
Whos' the old chubby guy?

He's just my stand in. I couldn't be there for the photo shoot.  :D :D :D

hillbillyhogs

ayerwood

I just looked at one of those on Saturday morning.  Very cool.  Although I am still flip flopping on getting a "green" one because it matches my other toys, it is not a real easy decision.  I have used Kubota a lot in the past.  Good machines.  Anyway, congrats!

WmFritz

Nice Buggy... Good ting DAT harrow you found DA utter day was yellow.   :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thanks, I liked the Orange because it matches my Lt40, the Stihl Chainsaw, the Husqvarna chainsaw, and the orange Echo leaf blower and the Clemson Tigers.  :)

WDH

That will be handy for when you prescribe burn. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pesaventoc

So your blood runs orange too! Go Tigers
EZ Boardwalk Jr., homemade log arch ,1610D Yanmar

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on May 13, 2013, 08:33:26 PM
That will be handy for when you prescribe burn.

I've already been thinking about a drip system to put on it. But I'd forget and drive on the wrong side of the firebreak.  :D

Bibbyman

Years ago I talked Dad into going in half on a Kawasaki Mule.  He thought it foolish but soon took it over and used it a lot to get out and mushroom hunt and such.  A couple of years ago he got to where he couldn't really manage that and we were afraid he'd get off some where and if the Mule quit him he wouldn't be able to get back on his own.  So I borrowed it and didn't bring it back.

Now that it's down here, I use it every day and often several times a day. Last fall I found a good deal on a 60" Swisher trailing mower.  I pull it with the Mule. I often use it like a workbench or a wheelbarrow or even a seat while I'm taking a break while the sharpener is running.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Good story Bib......We used to have 4 wheelers until my Dad couldn't get his leg over the hump.
The Kabota fits him now.  :)

ND rancher

Hope it works good for you. Ours has been a problem since day one.It's been a year now and they still haven't got it working right.
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: ND rancher on May 13, 2013, 09:43:32 PM
Hope it works good for you. Ours has been a problem since day one.It's been a year now and they still haven't got it working right.

Whats wrong with yours?

ND rancher

Won't get up to speed,no power.Last time they worked on it the power was better but it creeps.Power started to drop again on Sat. while we were picking sticks.
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

martyinmi

We have 2 of the RTV 900's and we love them. They are about as close to being bulletproof as you could ever hope for. One has about 1400 hours, and the other has something over 2000 hours. Both have went through a couple front driveshafts, but if you could see the daily abuse they take, you'd understand why.
If they build those little pee warts as well as the bigger ones, you'll surely be happy with it. 8)
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

gspren

I have the RTV 400 which is dimensionally the same as your 500 but a different drive system and I use it everyday for anything from pulling a small trailer to haul fire wood to just taking the dog for a run, really like it.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

ET

Congrats on your new orange ride. I'm still using an old Club Car with storage box in the back. Spent all my spare change on the hoe (lol).  Have fun and be careful!
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

loggah

If its as tough as the little B2300 kubota tractor i have it will be a good machine !! ;D i wouldn't mind getting one sometime, but i think it would result in more "PLAY" and less actual "WORK"!!!! ;D ;D ;D Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Compensation

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on May 13, 2013, 07:03:08 PM
Quote from: Raider Bill on May 13, 2013, 06:40:54 PM
Whos' the old chubby guy?

He's just my stand in. I couldn't be there for the photo shoot.  :D :D :D

I got this far along when I choked on my sandwich.  ;D Nice toy!
D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

MReinemann

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Warbird

Nice machine, Poston!  Too bad it's being pulled around by a Chevy, tho.  ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Warbird on May 14, 2013, 10:12:18 PM
Nice machine, Poston!  Too bad it's being pulled around by a Chevy, tho.  ;D

Saw a sign the other day that read:

SPEED LIMIT 65.....FORDS DO THE BEST YOU CAN.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!