iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Georgia Guys and Cherry

Started by Magicman, May 09, 2013, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Wonder what is is with those guys.  It's kinda like leading a rabbit with a carrot or a horse with an ear of corn  ???

That transplanted Georgia Guy smelled some old Cherry logs that I had and yonder he came.  Hungry too.  When they show up at 12:00, you had better get the vittles out.  After lunch, I wanted to take a ride around the tree farm, but no, he had "sumpin" else on his mind.  The ride would wait.   ;D

Dodgy Loner checking out his "find".

Throwing a strap across the logs.  Hey, that's my DanG trailer too !!!

We had a very pleasant visit, and we did take the nickle tour around the place, but many of my roads/trails are blocked with downed trees, and we saw many more.  With the rain that we have had and the soggy soil, coupled with the heavy crowns and some wind, it's instant firewood. (and a mess).
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Glad you guys had a good time Lynn!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

Why is it that Dodgy has all the fun  ??? :-\ :-\ :-\.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dodgy Loner

I had a great time. Lynn's generosity and hospitality is befitting of a Mississippi Gentleman. And his tree farm is close to heaven on earth - beautiful land, some unbelievable bottomland timber, and a big crop of little trees that are hungry to catch up with the big ones. I hear there's been a nice buck or two taken off of the property as well ;)

I called Lynn about a week ago to let him know that I had about 1500 BF of cherry and cypress logs from my preacher's house lined out and ready to be sawed. He couldn't help but load me up with 3 more cherry logs from his place and I reluctantly agreed to accept them ;D

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

customsawyer

Dodgy and WDH are some kind of gentelman.  ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

Dodgy,

I know that it was tough to have to accept those trashy, small, crooked, and dead cherry logs.  You are a fine fellow to get rid of them for Magicman.  Us Georgia guys have compassion  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

The sad fact is these logs had been lying behind the Cabin for quite while.  I found the downed tree in February, 2011.  It was too wet to retrieve the logs in March, so in July, I made my second attempt which resulted it this.  LINK

Then in September, my third attempt was successful and I skidded the three logs to the Cabin.  LINK
It was past time for them to finally get sawed.  Dodgy is now on my sawing schedule and the story will continue.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

I know that he did not see me looking, but I caught Dodgy admiring some of my many highly valuable Walnut trees that grow wild along my creek bank.   :)

customsawyer

Keep a eye on them Ga. boys as they might take off with all of your good stuff.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Dodgy Loner

If you're not careful, MM, those walnuts that have fallen off into the creek will be as rotten as the cherry logs you gave me. Don't worry though, I can help you out with the walnuts as well ;D
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

customsawyer

Good friends and there offers, will they ever end? :laugh:
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

I actually may need Dodgy's help with that one Walnut tree that he mentioned.

This picture was taken in January, 2012  You can use the smaller leaning tree in the background as a reference.

And now the root ball has lost all of it's support and is in the creek channel.  A couple of years ago, it was on top of the creek bank.   :-\

WDH

I am sure that Dodgy can help get rid of that trashy tree for you.

Nomad

If Dodgy can't I haven't made a road trip in awhile.  And we ain't got no walnut around here! :D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Magicman

Sadly, that are so many trees that fall into that creek and are not salvageable.  We should be able to get that one out because the rootball should be fairly loose.  It's gonna take Fat Albert though.

Thank You Sponsors!