iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well I feel dumb

Started by GATreeGrower, May 08, 2013, 01:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GATreeGrower

Yesterday afternoon tripped over a brick that was sticking up in the walkway.  Stuck my hands out to break the fall but ended up landing in the fire pit and driving it into my stomach.  Now have 2 cracked ribs and orders to bed rest at least 2 weeks.  This is gonna drive me crazy.  It's a perfect day outside  :(

sandhills

Very sorry to hear that and if it helps any I've felt dumber, broke a rib or two (not really sure) sledding with the kids a few winters ago, you'd really think at 38 I'd know better.  Hope the healing goes well and fast, advise: don't laugh and don't sneeze  :-\

grweldon

I'm a touch over 50 and I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to go sledding.  I'd certainly pay for it since I'm in pain every day, but hey... sledding?  I haven't done much of it since I was a teenager!

GATreegrower, sorry about the bad luck.  Get well soon!  I felt the same way when I cut my leg with a chainsaw.  Waited a week to post about it.
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

pappy19

Don't watch anything funny, I hear it hurts to laugh.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Warbird

Ouch!  Sorry to hear of your woes.  Just tell everyone you were conducting a spontaneous test of gravity to make sure it was still working.  We appreciate you taking one for the team.  ;)

Get to feeling better quickly!

SwampDonkey

Ouch, cracked, bruised, broken ribs anything it all hurts to lay down.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

petefrom bearswamp

Tripped in my woods a few years ago, 3 cracked ribs and i love comedy plus my good wife comes up with comedic bits pretty often.
OUCH!
Hope you heal soon
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Ken

I've had cracked ribs 3 or 4 times and generally the pain does not diminish and may even get worse for the first few days while they begin to heal.  Sorry to hear of your injury but it could have been worse.  The firepit could have been in use. 

Cheers
Ken
Lots of toys for working in the bush

mesquite buckeye

Cracked 2 a couple of months ago, dog knocked me down going nuts on the leash,  just now getting normal again. It hurts to breathe.  bat_smailey
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

GATreeGrower

I was supposed to meet Danny (WDH) and Jake (customsawyer) tomorrow and get their advice on my pines.  Walking is not working out well for me right now.  Thank you for the support yall

Peter Drouin

I hope feel better soon, and go out and pound the brick with a 10lb hammer and fix that brick :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

That is too bad. I almost tripped on an edge of cement that was sticking up by the door of a store. My feet don't come up the way they use too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Sorry to hear that you kicked a brick and hurt yourself.  Like the sawmill gremlins that we have to deal with, a walkway gremlin pushed up that brick when you were not looking  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Wow.......where was Moe and Larry when this happened?  :)

Seriously, I'm glad you're alright.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

But those 3 never hurt themsleves.just looked that way.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pigman

You shouldn't feel dumb, maybe a little clumsy, but not dumb.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

SwampDonkey

On another forum I visit, a lady who walks a lot for exercise fell and cracked some ribs back in the winter. Was just feeling better and went for a walk and done it again.  OUCH!! Stop that.  :-\
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

GATreeGrower

Ive never fallen and actually hurt myself, maybe I am getting old :-\

red

accidents are accidents no questions asked just heal up and stay healthy
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Wick

"Just tell everyone you were conducting a spontaneous test of gravity to make sure it was still working.  We appreciate you taking one for the team."

Thought that was hilarious.............Gravity test SAT!!!! Get well soon.   

Timber Harvester 30HT25

GATreeGrower

Yep I laughed at that one too...and it hurt

WDH

Don't be reading any of David's (PostonLT40HD) posts :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

If ya read enough stuff on here, one can break a rib laughing. No need to fall.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I wish you a speed recovery from that painful event.  When I broke mine they made you wear a corset.   :o

A recent brick "stick up" fixin.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pigman

I have to wonder why GATreeGrower had to wear a corset when Magicman broke his ribs? :-\
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Thank You Sponsors!