iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WoodMizer Resharp Service Question

Started by Andy White, May 06, 2013, 11:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy White

After Saturday,s blade demo derby, I have searched all local saw shops and no one resharpens band blades. All of them recommended getting a sharpener and do it myself! Can I buy WoodMizer blades and use resharp service without owning a WoodMizer mill? This would be much more appealing than investing in the tools to do it myself, and free up my time for sawing. There is a WoodMizer sales outlet 20 miles from my house.    Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

drobertson

I believe you can, give them a call to inquire, not a bad option if you don't want to do your own.   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

The short answer is yes, but I do not see where you have your sawmill brand/model listed anywhere in your profile which making answering questions a bit difficult.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Andy White

MagicMan     I have been running my Woodlands Mill since October and so far it has not had any problems or breakdowns. It cuts well and is easy to setup. I just need to find a use for these dull bands that I have...     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Dave Shepard

Resharp will only sharpen WM bands. I believe they will make any length you need. Many people run WM bands on non WM mills.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Andy White

Dave      Just got off phone ordering fifteen 144" blades. Standard resharp service, and can apply later for replacement service if needed.  Thanks for all the info.     Andy

Dave Shepard

Happy to hear it worked out for you. About 30 seconds ago FedEx just dropped off a box of resharps for me. :) Now I'm ready to tackle some white oak.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

Quote from: Andy White on May 06, 2013, 02:57:51 PMI have been running my Woodlands Mill
The point I was making is that it is easier for everyone to answer questions if all sawmill owners would add their sawmill brand/model to their profile.

You have your location shown which is good, but also sometimes folks will ask about a species of tree/log.  The answer could vary greatly depending upon where they live.  Profile information is a means of communicating.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rimshot

I have some blades off my lt10 that arre covered with that hair from too many white cedar logs as well as bark sap. 

Does Reharpe require we clean up the blades before sending?

rimshot
LT 10 with a 10 h.p. and a converted boat trailer to provide mobility for a once permanent mill.

Delawhere Jack

They run the blades through a cleaner after grinding them, and before setting. Normal sap buildup is not a problem.

thecfarm

I have a WM super sharp somewheres in my 6 blades.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mikeb1079

i built my own mill and use wm resharp.  been very satisfied.  great program!
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

francismilker

Anyone know if cooks or lennox offers a resharp program comparible to wm's?  Just wondering.
"whatsoever thy hands finds to do; do it with thy might" Ecc. 9:10

WM LT-10supergo, MF-271 w/FEL, Honda 500 Foreman, Husq 550, Stihl 026, and lots of baling wire!

MartyParsons

Hello,
QuoteResharp will only sharpen WM bands.
This may be true in some ReSharp centers. We in Pennsylvania Wood Mizer ReSharp do sharpen other blades. They will be Wood Mizer profile when completed. We sharpen many Wood Mizer blades on non Wood Mizer mills.
  Hope this helps.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

mikeb1079

i believe cooks has a re sharp program
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

dgdrls

Quote from: francismilker on May 06, 2013, 11:51:08 PM
Anyone know if cooks or lennox offers a resharp program comparible to wm's?  Just wondering.

FM,  Suffolk machine "Timberwolf" also offers sharpening service
http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/distributors.html

DGD

swampbuggy

I use Cooks for sharpening my Norwood,Cook's Super Sharp and my Wood-Mizer blades. I'm happy with the product and the service. I am going to stop by there on Monday on my way home to pick up some I sent to them a couple of weeks ago. Swamp
If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

Andy White

Absoutly unbelievable! Just got Email that my new blades will be at my door tomorrow. It,s only been four days!!! Thanks Woodmizer!    Andy

Thank You Sponsors!