iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is this allowed on a Sunday

Started by lyle niemi, May 05, 2013, 03:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

Finally got some nice weather 8) PS dont mind the belly hanging out...lol

drobertson

Far as I can tell, I seel all the necessary saftey gear, looks like the k-9 is missing in the pic, but for all practical purposes, quite acceptable, fact of the matter, I just got off the couch in the top of the 8th to a fabulous Braves, 8, Mets 2,  so can't get much better than this, on both accounts! 8)   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WmFritz

Looks like an awful comfy saw shed chair :D :D 

Lazyboy+sunshine= Zzz's   ;)  ;D ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

LeeB

Snoozing in the sunshine has such a wonderful quality to it.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

lyle niemi

Quote from: WmFritz on May 05, 2013, 04:23:12 PM
Looks like an awful comfy saw shed chair :D :D 

Lazyboy+sunshine= Zzz's   ;)  ;D ;D
Yep the chair aint bad!..lol

lyle niemi

Quote from: LeeB on May 05, 2013, 04:25:44 PM
Snoozing in the sunshine has such a wonderful quality to it.
After such a long winter and spring it sure feels good!! we still have snow on the north side of the trees :snowball:

lyle niemi

Quote from: drobertson on May 05, 2013, 04:05:16 PM
Far as I can tell, I seel all the necessary saftey gear, looks like the k-9 is missing in the pic, but for all practical purposes, quite acceptable, fact of the matter, I just got off the couch in the top of the 8th to a fabulous Braves, 8, Mets 2,  so can't get much better than this, on both accounts! 8)   david
I started bucking up logs around 530am, I thought I would shut it down early today

Al_Smith

Well although it wasn't a bad winter it was a long one .Nothing like a little siesta in the warm sun for a change .

SPD748

I gotta get me one of those chairs!

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

terrifictimbersllc

Maybe consider some sunscreen, shouldn't take much.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Just got to thinking, be careful, I read back a lil while back about a thing called yellow dog fever?  I believe the symptoms were real close to what you are showing ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ocklawahaboy

Did you apply sun block to that belly?

Slingshot

I'm worried about those logs rolling off of them green thangs..... smiley_swinging_board

WmFritz

:D :D :D

That's why Lyle's  nappin  with the hard hat on. ;D ;D smiley_hardhat :D :D
Safety first.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Left Coast Chris

Thumbs up to the photographer.......... he/she has artfully captured the essence of the moment.  It deserves a framed 8x10 at least.... to be hung on the premises. 
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Sixacresand

Glad to know I am not the only person feels the need to furnish the mill area. Never know when company might drop in.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

kensfarm

Quote from: Slingshot on May 05, 2013, 09:51:35 PM
  I'm worried about those logs rolling off of them green thangs.....

That would be a rude awakening to what appears to be a really good nap! 

Sprucegum

That's called a wailing chair - for when you realize you just cut a whack of 3x5 that were supposed to be 4x6  :D

Kansas

I do see one problem with that pic. The hearing protection. Suppose the wife hollers "dinner time" and you snooze right through it? That would be a terrible thing. Well, unless the wife was serving grits. Then keep them on.

redbeard

You cant say your not sawing logs!  Looks like you wear the same size clothing as I do. :laugh:
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

dboyt

I don't see any beverage in the photo.  Gotta stay hydrated!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

lyle niemi

thanx for all the chuckles folks, that was great! PS no bacon was burned during my nap..lol

r.man

He's in Alberta, he doesn't know what grits are. He might have leeks, it is the season.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

bandmiller2

I think grits are a controlled substance north of the border.Lyle deserves a rest after all he's done this winter. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

bandmiller2

Had one of those Niemi time warps today, Doctor told me to take it easy a couple of days but I had a load of logs delivered so I just rocked in an old chair til he came. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

WoodenHead

Quote from: r.man on May 06, 2013, 08:13:58 PM
He's in Alberta, he doesn't know what grits are.

I've never had or seen them either.  The name gives me images of eating sawdust! food1

beenthere

QuoteI've never had or seen them either.  The name gives me images of eating sawdust!

Then you just may have had them in a former life.   ;D   ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

UN Hooker

Naw, Grits is just another name for Wall Paper Past!!   :D
    UN
Retired Toolmaker/Moldmaker
C-4 & C5D TF - 5500 Iron Mule - Restored 4400 Ford Ind. FEL ex Backhoe w/custom built boom w/Valby 360* grapple w/18' reach - 920 Cat w/bucket & forks w/clamp - Peterson 10" WPF - LT-15 - Cooks Catsclaw & Dual tooth setter - many Husky saws

sawguy21

Another sensible thread that has degenerated in to a discussion of (sigh) gritz.  ;D  Lyle was just doing what he does best on a Sunday.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

lyle niemi

Speaking of GRITS, I started to do a little farmin yesterday. There is still snow on the north side of the trees and the water draws are still to wet to go through. Its a very late spring this year. Wonder iffin that will affect the price of GRITS! LOL

Sprucegum

Not too late to plant oatmeal which can beat grits hands down  :snowball:

log2lumber

WV Sawmiller

How does a 7+ y/o thread like this come back to life. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Beavertooth

People who have never heard of grits usually don't know what Sweet Tea is either. One of the greatest tragedy's to the known world.  
2007 LT70 Remote Station 62hp cat.

Southside

Or they try to add the sugar after it's cold.... >:(
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

sawguy21

We get something called 'ice tea' in a can or from a soft drink dispenser, it and ginger ale are the only two I drink. Some is too sweet for my taste though. I want to visit the Deep South and try your version, what I had in the north tasted like it had already been through the dog.

WV Sawmiller

Sawguy,

Be sure to try some boiled peanuts while you are at it. Be sure to get some fried catfish and if you are along the Gulf of Mexico coast try some fresh fried mullet.

BTW - any of you ever try hot, sweet mint tea? It was served all the time in small glasses or cups in the mideast. I fist had some when working for the Saudi Navy (RSNF). I liked it although at home I always drink unsweetened ice tea. I will sometimes make a cup of hot sweet tea if I have a sore throat or such as it seems soothing.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sawguy21

Don't get me started on peanuts, I can't leave them alone. ;D I prefer them unsalted but to each their own. I drink hot unsweetened tea occasionally but it is not a favorite, my girlfriend lives on it.

K-Guy

I still haven't tried grits, I figure I'll wait till I get down south again before I try them to make sure I get the real deal. I've had boiled peanuts and sweet tea though, I'll stick to roasted peanuts thank you and sweet tea is definitely sweet and I'll stick to regular iced tea. To each their own I guess.  :laugh:
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

barbender

I am live in the north and I like grits. There I came out and said it😂 Sweet tea is ok. Sawguy, that "tasted like it had already been throught the dog" is a new one for me, I like it😂 I may begin incorporating that myself 😁
Too many irons in the fire

moodnacreek

This is gotta be the best responded to topics.. I have ever read here. Grits? it's grit, used on sandpaper and by the way there are 2 kind of clam chowder; Manhattan and New England.

sawguy21

I love Boson clam chowder made with fresh clams, don't EVER use canned soup but seldom see the Manhatton variety which I also really like.

Southside

We get our peanuts in 4'x5' rolls that weigh about 800 lbs each, and I get a tractor trailer load at a time, so we LOVE peanuts.  Technically I am getting the vines for cattle feed - it's a legume about as good as alfalfa, but the way they are harvested I end up with quite a few peanuts in there as well, raw, dried on the vine, they are by far the best tasting peanuts you will ever have.  Don't even have to peel off the red skin.  Kinda fun to feed the cows and stand there with them and munch away.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

chet

I always thought of grits as well ground chicken feed,  but never correlated peanuts with cattle food.    :laugh:
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Cedarman

One of the great atrocities in life is to be served unsweetened tea with a side of sugar packets.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

Nebraska

I would drink the iced  tea and play table hockey with the sugar packets. Lemon yes,  sugar not so much....

sawguy21

Cedarman, that is the way hot tea is served here along with creamers. I don't use them in coffee either.

Cedarman

If McDonalds can serve sweet and unsweet tea, is it that hard for other eateries to do so ? Or serve  with a small pitcher of sugar syrup so that the tea can be sweetened to taste.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Don P

Quote from: sawguy21 on December 02, 2020, 07:53:35 PM
Cedarman, that is the way hot tea is served here along with creamers. I don't use them in coffee either.

:D We call that coffee paint.

kelLOGg

Ok, ok, enough about food ... back to lounging. I think it is fine, especially if the sermon is boring. ;D
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Thank You Sponsors!