iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer open house - Mt. Vernon Mo. May 14 - 2005

Started by Bibbyman, April 21, 2004, 08:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

NOTE:  I have updated last year's post as a repeat of this year's info... Bibbyman.

The Wood-Mizer Open house in Mt. Vernon, MO. will be May 14'th this year (2005).  Mary and I plan to attend.  

You don't have to have a WM to attend and it doesn't cost anything.  Besides,  Mt. Vernon is only a few miles down 44 from Springfield (Bass Pro, Grizzly Imports and not that far from the Branson area) .

If you'd like more info - directions, etc. zing me an I.M.

Link to last years Field Days
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

RMay

We are looking at going if we can work out the arrangements on the home front . ::)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

sawwood

I plan on making that week end. We have family in Joplin
 to go see so can slip off and join in the fun.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

TJ

Greetings From Colorado
New member, first time poster.
Am trying to scedule the pick up of my new Wood-Mizer so as to take in the open house at Mt. Vernon.
Looking  forward to meeting any forum members, that I might say, thanks for all the help.
This forum is the best stuff on the www!!!!!!
Have learned a lot, look forward to learning a lot more.
Thanks, Terry Boyle

Bibbyman

Welcome to the FF TJ!

Hope to see you there. 8)

How far are you from Durango?  Looks like you planted your tree prety close to Mesa Verde.

What model mill are you picking up?
Sawing since '94

TJ

Hi Bibbyman,
About 100 miles north of Durango. 10 miles west of Montrose.
We can see the rim of  Black Canyon Of The Gunnison National Park, from the house.
If you saw Mesa Verde, did you get over to Hovenweep?
Awesome Ruins!!!
Thanks for asking about my new mill, I get a chance to type the "W" word  again HA!!
Ordered The Wood-Mizer LT40HYD28G-FI
Look forward to meeting you.
TJ

Bibbyman

I'll have to get out a map.  I don't remember Hovenweep.  We went out US54 through Dodge City and hit Durango and then west to Mesa Verde and then to the 4 corners, Monument Valley,  Green River, Arches, etc. until we hit I80 I think and came into Grand Junction.  Then we took US50 back to Kansas City and home.  

We did see three Wood-Mizer mills in the timbered area from Wolf Creek Pass to west of Mesa Verde.  One was almost in down town Durango.  We stopped and visited with the Durango Log company there.

Pictures taken at the Durango Log Company - I think they can saw logs up to 60' with their two extensions.

See you in Mt. Vernon.  

Oh yea,  just because the name of the town is "Mt. Vernon, don't expect to it to be on a mountain.  Pretty flat ground around there.
Sawing since '94

Bro. Noble

Bibb,

A few years ago we took almost the same route,  but going west we went through Colorado a little north of you coming into Gunnison from the east and then going south to Durango.  After that we pretty much followed the same path home.  Saw some spectacular scenery,  but I think about the best was on that 'million dollar highway'  that goes from TJ's to Durango. Welcome to the Forum TJ.  

One of these days I'm gonna get caught up ( probably give up and retire first) and start showing up at some of these shindigs.

TJ,  hope you get as much good out of your LT40 as we have ours. :)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Bibbyman

We wanted to get a little further west to include Brice Canyon but we got to our day we had set to start back too soon.  We like to travel without a lot of plans and time schedules.  Got to stop and talk with a lot of great people along the way.

We'll head back out that way – but not this year.

(You know,  you could let Tom squeze those cows dry and let the sawing go for a day and then you could come on up the the open house.)
Sawing since '94

Bro. Noble

Bibb,

Tom's had to carry my load all week while I was confined to the house------first with a bad sinus infection and then because of a reaction to the antibiotic I was given :-/  

We were way behind before and now have a bunch of fence washed out.

Hoped to make our visit to the mother-in-law coincide with the piggy roast in August,  but that plan changed this morning.  She fell and broke 4 bones in her hip/pelvis area.  We'll go see her as soon as we can after our daughter's wedding toward the end of May.

Gotta try and get the new house finished somewhere during that time.

Don't look for me in Mt.Vernon :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Bibbyman

Wow! BN,

Life sure did fill up you dance card.  Sure seems to happen that way too often.

Hang in there and we'll catch you next time.
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Anybody in the mid-west get there notice from Wood-Mizer on the open house?  I've been told they were mailed out last Friday.  

If you're a WM owner or every asked for info from Wood-Mizer,  you're likely on their mailing list.

We've not gotten one yet.  Maybe they're trying to tell us something.   ???
Sawing since '94

ronwood

Bibbyman,

I have not received anything related to the open house in Mount Vernon

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Kevin_H.

We have not received one yet here...I would like to go and meet everyone...But I dont know if we can swing it.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

ARKANSAWYER

No Kevin we do not swing there this is band mills and in the middle of the Bible Belt. :D :D :D ;D
ARKANSAWYER
  P.S. I will be there.
ARKANSAWYER

Kevin_H.

Well... ;D I stand corrected...but I would still like to go if I have the time.  ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

ARKANSAWYER

Thats OK, I just wanted you to understand ;D
  I just talked to ToddC and he bought the TH from here in town while I was down in Benton at the In-Woods-Show.  I invited him to come up to Mt Vernon to visit with the FF crew.  He said that he will try.  I hope to see a good showing there.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

I just got word that invitations were sent out to Wood-Mizer owners within 150 miles of Mt. Vernon, MO. and to people that have signed up for info on Wood-Mizers within 200 miles.  This may explain why you may not received an invitation.

But don't let the lack of invitation or distance keep you from attending. You can instant message me and I'll fix you up with directions and contact info, etc.

There will be small signs leading you to the open house from exit #44 on I44 on the west end of Mt. Vernon.
Sawing since '94

sawwood

I am going to be there and will be comming from Joplin.
I think i know where to git off I44 and will look for the
signs.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

RMay

Bibbyman do you know what time it starts  ??? looks like Sam and me is going to drive up Sat. morning . Arkansawer Sam was wondering if Sam was coming  :D hope to see you all there ;)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Bibbyman

Yea,  That will be this coming Saturday - May 15,04

Opens at 8:30AM,  Goes to 2:00PM.

They are going to demo LT70 with 62hp CAT engine,
Hydraulic and manual mills, (probably LT27,LT40, and LT40HD Super.??) and LT15

There will be a discusion on material flow lead by Jim Brown (WM Customer Service Manager) at 8:30am

There will be a Business Profitability presentation at 11:00 am

Lunch will be served at noon.

Oh Yea,  they'll give away a lot of door prizes - including a drawing for a $500.00 accessory coupon.

You can call 1-800-553-0182 to get directions or to R.S.V.P.

Look for signs at the #44 exit on I44 to guide you to the open house.

See you there Roy, Arky, Sam and Sam! 8)
Sawing since '94

ToddC

I'm coming up tomorrow. Whats for lunch? Do I need to bring a covered dish? What is the addy. of woodmizer there so I can get some dirctions. 8) Looking forward to seeing you all.

Bibbyman

ToodC,  I talked to a Todd at the show.  Which one are you?

Jim 'JB' Brown of Wood-Mizer demoing LT70 while Will Baugh pulls poards.

Terry "TJ" Boyle of Colorado with his new LT40HDG28-FE he picked up at the show.

ARKANSAWYER taking "field strippin'" Terry's new LT40HDG28-FE

Terry Boyle heading home with his new LT40HDG28-FE before any more parts go across the border to Arkansas.  :D

Poster with 30,000 names of WM owner's.   :o  I found my name. ;D

Dave Mann of WM - Alex's new "Uncle Dave".

Sawing since '94

ToddC

I couldn't pick me out of any of the pics but my dad with the torquose hat is standing behind Jim Brown while he demonstrates the LT 70. It was good to meet everyone. I got the mill bug and  came home and milled a few red oak logs this evening.

Jeff

either that was one big honkin poster or some awful small printing.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!