iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2 weeks and 165 tons of rock later and it's starting to look good <Lots of pics>

Started by CalebL, May 01, 2013, 12:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalebL

I finished building the shop last fall.  The last couple of weeks I scraped off about 130 tons of top soil and came back with 160 tons of sb2.  Once the rain sets it in good I will bring in about 3 loads of slag to lock it in.  I'm still working on the inside of the shop.  I am tongue and grooving the walls and ceiling and still moving my woodworking shop over from my 3 car garage. 

I am going to build a kiln on the back of the shop.  I'll probably start that this summer.  I really like the Nyle kiln after researching it. 

It's time to get back to milling lumber!!!

2005 LT40 HDD34
2000 Cat 226 Skid Loader

drobertson

Looks great Caleb! very nice, looks like your plan is really coming together,  Happy for you! 8) nothing like having a shop and shed,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

redbeard

Nice job Caleb, nice having all that smooth ground with lots of turning area.
Quote from: drobertson on May 01, 2013, 01:07:25 PM
Looks great Caleb! very nice, looks like your plan is really coming together,  Happy for you! 8) nothing like having a shop and shed,  david
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

CalebL

Thanks guys.  I couldn't have done it without the help and guidance of you guys. 
2005 LT40 HDD34
2000 Cat 226 Skid Loader

WoodenHead

schakey

Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Magicman

That is a super nice setup.  You have taken professional to a new and higher level.  smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Larry

A great looking shop/sawmill shed.  A good foundation for a growing operation. 

I noticed in the fifth picture an open sided shed.  Can you air dry in that space?
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

moandrich

woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

thecfarm

Nice building,lots of room outside. I won't mention snow load.  :D  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Wait till Red sees this  ;D.  He is a snow load Consultant  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SAnVA

Really nice setup, great looking place you have there! Probably not too worried about snow load in Arkansas maybe tornado, would sure like to play with that track loader and skid-steer awhile! Good luck!

CalebL

Quote from: thecfarm on May 01, 2013, 08:55:35 PM
Nice building,lots of room outside. I won't mention snow load.  :D  ::)

Snow load?  What's that?  3" around here is a blizzard.  :D
2005 LT40 HDD34
2000 Cat 226 Skid Loader

CalebL

Quote from: Larry on May 01, 2013, 08:47:39 PM
A great looking shop/sawmill shed.  A good foundation for a growing operation. 

I noticed in the fifth picture an open sided shed.  Can you air dry in that space?

Yes. I am going to build 2 more sheds to store lumber after it dries in the kiln.
2005 LT40 HDD34
2000 Cat 226 Skid Loader

hackberry jake

If I ever get time I WILL come down and check out your operation one of these days. Very well executed. Looks like your land is quite a bit flatter than mine. Mine ok as long as your going downhill   :laugh:
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

CalebL

Quote from: hackberry jake on May 01, 2013, 11:10:32 PM
If I ever get time I WILL come down and check out your operation one of these days. Very well executed. Looks like your land is quite a bit flatter than mine. Mine ok as long as your going downhill   :laugh:

I'm still thinking of having a little shindig this summer if you can't make it down before that. 

Thanks again guys.  It's nice to be able to share stuff like this with people who actually appreciate my hobbies.  If my wife is reading this, it's by no means directed toward you...........well, maybe a little........just kidding........ :D
2005 LT40 HDD34
2000 Cat 226 Skid Loader

terrifictimbersllc

Very nice, congratulations on being able to pull off such a project.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

dboyt

Very nice!  Keep us posted.  Are you going to build a log deck?
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

CalebL

Quote from: dboyt on May 02, 2013, 12:16:22 PM
Very nice!  Keep us posted.  Are you going to build a log deck?

No plans for one.  I do about half my jobs on the customers location right now. 
2005 LT40 HDD34
2000 Cat 226 Skid Loader

red oaks lumber

very nice looking building. :)  we cant have stuff like that up here, ours needs to be built like a brick outhouse to withstand the weight of alot of snow. mostly 6-12 pitch or no less than a 4-12 pitch and any lean to's need the run same pitch to prevent a snowload area.again very nice looking !
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Ernie

Wow what a great setup, this is one I wont let my wife see, the honey do list is long enough already.  Well done
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Thank You Sponsors!