iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Weekend Show

Started by tractormanNwv, May 01, 2013, 11:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tractormanNwv

I normally forget about it, but this Saturday the Heritage Farm Museum in Huntington, Wv will be alive, it is in full operation once a year, My friend Jason and I will be out early Friday hooking the tractor up to the sawmill  "Frick" if I remember right, and My friend Dave will be on the shingle mill behind it with the big hit -n-miss engine on it. I think it costs like 6.00 to get in but is well worth it. There is mutiple buildings with different things in them, like the Transportation building....it has everything from one horse buggies, to electric trucks from the turn of the 20th century to model T's, ,,,,etc.

Jim

tractormanNwv

Had a lot of fun at the show, we all worked together and put on a pretty good display.

Jim

tractormanNwv

Few more pics.....

Jim

tractormanNwv

The shingle mill, powered by 12hp Fairbanks Morse Flywheel engine

Jim

Jim

Buddyw

Looks like everybody was enjoying themselves. Nice looking setup too !. Thanks for sharing !

thecfarm

A day to play and a day to saw. How can it get any better than that.
Better lock up those iron wheels hanging on the building. loggah will be adding them to his fence.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dboyt

I love that Fairbanks Morse engine!  Great to see that old iron still running.  That's one long belt drive to the tractor.  Hope it stays on the flywheel!  Thanks for posting.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

justallan1

Great pictures. I need to find some shows like that, but in the fall or winter to get to.
Allan

Thank You Sponsors!