iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The hustler

Started by Stan, April 21, 2004, 07:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

A fellow was getting ready to tee off on the first hole when a second golfer approached and asked if he could join him.  The first said that he usually played alone, but agreed to the twosome.  They were even after the first few holes.
 The second guy said, "We're about evenly matched, how about playing for five bucks a hole?" The first fellow said that he wasn't much for betting, but agreed to the terms.

The second guy won the remaining sixteen holes with ease.

As they were walking off number eighteen, and while counting his $80.00, he confessed that he was the pro at a neighboring course and liked to pick on suckers. (No one we know)

The first fellow revealed that he is the Parish Priest.

The pro got all flustered and apologetic, offering to return the money.

The Priest said, "You won and I was foolish to bet with you.  You keep your winnings, but I have a favor to ask of you. You could come to Mass on Sunday and make a donation.  Then, if you bring your mother and father by after Mass, I'll marry them.
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

DanG

:D :D :D :D  There's all kinds of ways of tellin' somebody what you think of them. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Percy

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

pappy

stan,

you play golf  ?????      

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Stan

No, I'm not able to walk that far anymore. I do shoot pool, which is pretty much the same thing.  :) :) :)

smwwoody

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

SwampDonkey

Ever see the movie Stan? with Paul Newman and Jackie Gleason? Its another from the 'great one'. Liked your story also. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Stan

Yes I saw the first runs of the movie. At the time I was reading Hoppe's book. Had my own cue stick, the whole 9 yards. Then I moved to CA where the pool tables were about the size of bumper pool tables and lost interest.  :-/

Engineer

I'm buildin' the basement of the house extra tall (9'-4" ceiling) so's I won't jam the tip of my cue through the ceiling accidentally.  

Only reason for the basement is that the wife won't let me put the pool table in the dining room.   ;D

J_T

Had one in my dining room once put it thare to keep my son out of the pool hall 8)no wife at the time . You could make a nice wood top to slide on and off an use them long sticks to searve with ???
Jim Holloway

Furby

JT,
My dad would KILL us if we had done that, but it is a cool idea!

Patty

Norm & I had a Fooseball Table in the dining room for years when we were first married, it was great. We couldn't afford a Pool table or it would've been in the living room. Home interior decorations that you can play with!  8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Thank You Sponsors!