iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm Itching

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, April 30, 2013, 09:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Heres a couple of benches I built about 5 years ago before I had my mill. I guess I'm gonna have to make time to make another one of these since I sold them. I wished I had kept them.  ::) I miss them.  :D

The second one has a woven back. The strips were sawn on the table saw and woven into place.  :)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

WDH

The woven back is really cool.  Get crackin' on some new benches  smiley_whip smiley_smash.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Axe Handle Hound

Poston both those benches are impressive, but that one with the woven back is just plain awesome!

Magicman

Nice.  You are itching, but you are also the only one that can scratch that itch.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on April 30, 2013, 09:29:25 PM
Nice.  You are itching, but you are also the only one that can scratch that itch.   :D

That's what you think.  :D :D :D

WmFritz

Nice character... I like em both. Woven back by a nose for me.  :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

WDH

The title of this thread has me looking for ticks. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on April 30, 2013, 09:37:38 PM

That's your watch you hear Pop. You're getting old.  ;D

Tree Feller

Quote from: WDH on April 30, 2013, 09:37:38 PM

I was thinking fleas.   :D :D :D

David, the woven back on that bench is the bees knees. I'll bet you could sell as many of those as you could make.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

thecfarm

Even without the woven they would sell good. The woven would be the iceing on the cake.That will make someone take a closer look.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dodgy Loner

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

VT_Forestry

Forester - Newport News Waterworks

Sprucegum

The woven-back bench looks like it also has a slight curve in the seat; how comfy was that?

From where I am sitting you-all are cracking jokes at the crack of dawn  :o  :D

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on April 30, 2013, 09:30:36 PM
Quote from: Magicman on April 30, 2013, 09:29:25 PM

That's what you think.  :D :D :D

Let's not go there, this IS a family friendly Forum!

Nice benches David, especially like the woven back. How did you secure the ends of the slats?

Herb

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: PC-Urban-Sawyer on May 01, 2013, 10:40:14 AM

Nice benches David, especially like the woven back. How did you secure the ends of the slats?

Herb

The slats are not really attached. In the 1 1/2" x 6" Cedar Board frame that goes around the woven slats, I used the table saw and sawed a groove as deep as I could (about a 3/16" wide groove) in the center of each. The slats are just stuck down in the groove all the way around. This gives them room to expand and contract as humidity demands. I made the slats fresh from a log eight off a mill, and as the slats dried in the woven position, they just sort of interlocked in place. Woven like it is, the back became VERY strong.

I don't have a pic, but I once built a coffee table with a woven Cedar top and put glass over it. I sold it for $800.00.

Now PC, if your asking about the slats in the first bench pic, they are secured by a drop of Gorilla Glue with a brad shot in the end of each. I clamped them after about 15 minutes after putting the glue on them and let them set over night. That G. Glue is some tough glue.

Magicman

Yup, I have seen Gorillas scratching themselves. :o   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on May 01, 2013, 07:19:02 PM
Yup, I have seen Gorillas scratching themselves. :o   :D

I don't believe I'd a told that.  :D

drobertson

there has been at least one who has had to use the P-H, not allot of fun, plus it does'nt work after a 2 hr surgery,  lots of difference between itch and desire, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Lud

P-H is like Brylcream  in what way????

A little dab'l do ya! :o :o :o :o 8) 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Magicman

:o  I have never tried P-H on my hair.   :D :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on May 02, 2013, 08:13:49 AM
:o  I have never tried P-H on my hair.   :D :D

Ah....you are referring to :

Brylcreem /ˈbrɪlkriːm/ is a brand of hair styling products for men. The first Brylcreem product was a pomade created in 1928 by County Chemicals at the Chemico Works in Bradford Street, Birmingham, England. The pomade is an emulsion of water and mineral oil stabilised with beeswax.
Beecham was the longtime owner of Brylcreem. Sara Lee bought the personal care unit of SmithKline Beecham in 1992.
Various Brylcreem products are sold worldwide. Brylcreem is marketed in the US by Combe Incorporated, in Europe by Unilever and in India by Godrej.
[edit]Jingle

It was first advertised on TV by the jingle "Brylcreem — A Little Dab'll Do Ya!".
When the dry look became popular, the last line was changed from "They'll love to run their fingers through your hair" to "They'll love the natural look it gives your hair."
Subsequent television advertisements used the mottoes "Grooms without gumming" and later, in the 1970s in the UK and Canada, "A little dab of Brylcreem on your hair gives you the Brylcreem bounce".

WmFritz

After looking at your avatar photo from your modeling days, I can see why you'd be itching David. Its all that greasy kids stuff in your beard.  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Ya'll starting to show your age.  :D

samandothers

Nice benches!

I thought poison ivy when I saw the subject. 

Thank You Sponsors!