iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rusty garden

Started by loggah, April 30, 2013, 06:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggah

Well the last year or so when i been shearing scrap part time in my buddys scrapyard i been collecting old wheels and gears. My wife had a plan ;D, two sides of our garden are concrete reinforcing wire for the peas, and she wanted the wheels to go around the rest, evidently she dont mind rust !!! Don

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

POSTON WIDEHEAD

One day your whole DanG fence is gonna roll away.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

loggah

More then likely it will dissapear in the night ,and end up back in the scrapyard !!!!!! ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

breederman

Together we got this !

Magicman

The wheels with the pretty spokes.  What are they off of?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on April 30, 2013, 07:48:27 PM
The wheels with the pretty spokes.  What are they off of?

May be off some kind of pulley system......but they are nice Magic.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

loggah

actually 2 in the front with curved spokes are gears, the  curved one on the side is a flywheel off a hot air engine i believe. Most times they come into the scrapyard in pieces and are really hard to figure out,a bunch of horse drawn mowing machines,manure spreaders ,and hay rakes.  Don

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

With that fence down here, with the deer, your garden would be toast.  Nice fence, though  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

I have to have an electric fence to keep the deer out of my garden. It's the only thing that I found works,after trying a bunch of other stuff for 40 years.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Down here, they (the deer) absolutely love peas  :).

(We had some very good venison meatballs for supper tonight...)

Like on the Lion King, it is all one big circle  smiley_hydrogen.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

dukndog

Now I've seen everything!! A Mobile Pea Patch!! :D
WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

Peter Drouin

Nice logger,
with all the $ in the scrap yards, all the old machines are gone, to bad I have some old thing and I wont bring them to the scrapyard there to cool :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

loggah

Lots of good stuff ends up in the scrapyard thats for sure. the other day a Mccormick-Deering horse drawn mowing machine came in ,only needed a seat and a pole,i set it aside and the owners brother is claiming it. The deer dont bother the garden much its only 20 feet from the house, but they do get after the apple trees down back.The problem i have is keeping the Bear out of the dumpster!! ;D Don

Magicman

Quote from: loggah on May 01, 2013, 06:29:36 AMThe deer dont bother the garden much its only 20 feet from the house
That does not matter here.  A lady once called my Brother about a deer keeping her awake rubbing his antlers on the side of her house while he was eating her flowers.  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Looks to me like the start of a great "Truck Garden!"

Nice work, Loggah.

Herb

Jeff

Outstanding. I love it.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

GATreeGrower

WmFritz

Clever idea. Is the gate looking thing a grill or radiator guard?
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

thecfarm

One year the deer was eating the acorns behind the house,just about 20 feet away. They was here before I was. They pruned my wisteria bush back for me.  ::) I want it to climb up the oak trees. I just got it growing and doing good.

sandhills

Awesome!  My trouble with going to scrap yards is I'd end up bringing home more than I took  ;).

loggah

I lug stuff home all the time!!! ;D the center piece in the front is an old grill guard off a diamond "T" truck. Im working on getting a engine out of a TD 18 at the moment !! ;D

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Chris Burchfield

The curved spoke is a French influence.  When casting straight spoke, there is a compression when the casting cools.  As opposed to a cracked casting, the curved spoke allows some relief without cracking.  Once cooled, the wheel is annealed allowing the molecules to become relaxed in position.  A dished wheel accomplishes the same, for different reasons, but similar pressures on a wheelwright's farm or horse wagon wheels, which are made of wood.  Sometimes with a steel tire.  I did the research years ago associated with hit and miss engines.  I rebuilt my grandfather's 1923 Fairbanks Morse 6 HP Model Z.  I don't think there will be an iron deficiency in the garden.  Nice!
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Thank You Sponsors!