iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

From stump to ship. 1930 logging film

Started by cypresskayaksllc, April 29, 2013, 10:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cypresskayaksllc

LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

sawguy21

OOOooh, my back hurts watching that. :D Not an ounce of fat on those boys.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

I bet it would scare you in the amount of food those guys would eat.
I think I brought that VCR tape many years ago. I go up to Fyreburg Fair,Maine and sit down and watch the series.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jemclimber

Thanks for posting, I love to see old films of how things used to get done.
lt15

Magicman

That old narrated film was entertaining as well as informative.  Thanks for posting that treasure.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

hunz

That film is unbelievable. What I find most incredible is how efficient the logging and milling operations were in the 30's, and how hard it seems those guys worked. Thanks for sharing
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

drobertson

amazing work these folks did, true americans at their finest.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

florida

Amazing video. Thanks for posting. Hard to believe how many men it took to make a board back then and how much physical labor it took. I imagine there were lots of disabled loggers and sawyers back then. I was thinking about how had they were working the horses then realized they were working themselves just as hard.
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

lyle niemi

Thank You Sponsors!