iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

From the eyes of Mrs. Wood

Started by m wood, April 27, 2013, 07:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m wood

On this beautiful sunny day we could be found no other place than here...

I let my wonderful husband "play" on the mill for awhile and then decided to show him how Momma Wood gets things done. Low & behold, I produced a 1X6 perfectly simetrical board. It took me a whole log but I got "her" done...and the 1st thing I said was WE GOTTA TAKE A PIC & PUT IT ON FF for everyone to see...

Momma's Perfect Board

Of course, he got a kick out of that as it usualy takes me "nagging" quite a bit to get him away from reading all the posts on here for hours :D

I eventualy let him back on the mill but only with a supervisor keeping an eye on him...

He didn't much appreciate this, but eventualy he & "the boss" were gettin along just fine. Of course it was during break time ;D

All in all, it was a pretty productive day.

Not the best boards, but we're still in test mode.
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Nothing is better than making a mill a "family affair". Way to go Mrs. Wood!  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ga Mtn Man

That is a very nice board indeed, Mrs. Wood. :)  Be careful, if you get the sawdust bug you might have to get "his and her" mills. :D
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

GDinMaine

OK!  This has got to be one of the best posts out there!  Way to go Woods! (mr & mrs) Family fun ROCKS!!!
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

Bill Gaiche

Way to go. Nothing wrong with a man having 2 bosses. bg

Chuck White

You should use that board somewhere that will be exposed so you can point it out to visitors!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

GDinMaine

It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

Magicman

Wow, what a neat thread and such a wonderful way to spend a beautiful day.  Your smile says it all.  Congratulations !!!    :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ron Wenrich

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

thecfarm

Looks like a nice place to saw lumber and good company.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

scully

This is on the top 10 list of coolest days ever ! Good for you guys !
I bleed orange  .

samandothers

Looks like it was a great day for some family fun!   Glad Mr and Mrs got to enjoy the toys.....tools.

m wood

thanks for the replies folks.  momma was very proud of the day, and that I let her do BUNCHES of sawing.  This might work out well, she saws with a very critical eye and has become quite educated on the various parts of the saw and how they can work together OR against each other ie; saw stops, clamp, rpm, tow boards and so on.  mean while I can organize yard, load logs for her run chain saw...and work on my old dodge :D, did anybody notice the hood was up :'(.  got a love/hate relationship that old bugger.  270,000 miles, I guess I shouldnt complain about a stupid water leak, even if it is in there deep! oh, and I put a muffler on it this morning.

anyway, day 2 of this weekend was another awesome day. sharpened blades and a tweaked frame and that goofy spruce was coming off at a much more acceptable level!

I think I should make momma start her own FF membership...she better understands my addiction here.  Knowlege is power and time is $$.  You folks have hepled me gain some and save some, thanks
mark and dianna
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

tgalbraith

There is nothing like that "FIRST" good board. My first good cut went into a gun rack for my
3 year old great-grand son. I gave him a .22 for his birthday this year.  Has a carving of an
old whiskered gent like me, with his muzzle loader and hound dog on the stock.

Saw on -- 8) 8)
M Belsaw, 46" insert blade, Oliver 88 power  plant

customsawyer

Sounds like a great day to me.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

dboyt

Great post.  Nice to see photos of both of you.  From that smile on her face, I believe there will be more boards to follow.  It looks like you've already got his & her chain saws & peaveys.  Best of luck, and keep us updated!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Thank You Sponsors!