iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill fire

Started by Greg Brown, April 26, 2013, 10:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Brown

Hello Yall

I saw this news story and wanted to share it.  I'm trying to think of some way I can be of help.  This seems like there is a real need here- not just another bunch of shysters looking for handouts.

http://www.wtvm.com/story/22081585/sawmill-fire-threatens
Norwood MX34 Pro,  Massey- Ferguson 175

WmFritz

That story is maddening.  >:(  Maybe an attorney from the area with experience in the insurance industry can help, pro bono.  Alpha insurance huh. They need someone like Andy Rooney or Mike Wallace to get the word out.   
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

RedLeg

Seems like this could be a wonderful opportunity for one or more of the Forum "Sponsors" to step up and help a worthy cause while getting some great advertising and possibly a charitable tax deduction.  There are many passionate owners on this forum dedicated to your respective brands, maybe you can reach out to your sales/support contacts or our Admin can contact his marketing contacts with each major sponsor. Maybe there might even be some healthy competition between the vendors to contribute.  Just a thought...  ;)

As far as members, I know I've heard of "barn raisings", don't see why there couldn't be a "sawmill raising"... Scheduled and coordinated, it could be accomplished.
Leif
Retired U.S. Army
2010 Lumber Smith Elite and Track Kit
Shopsmith Mark 7 PowerPro

MAI

I'm sorry to hear about this terrible situation.  If I'm reading the article correctly, was City Gate initially located in AL and moved to GA or was this an entirely separate location that was set up?  If yes, was Alpha Insurance company or the agent notified of the move or the creation of a new location?

Thank You Sponsors!