iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chesapeake Beach Striper Fishing? Update

Started by gspren, April 26, 2013, 09:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspren

I got invited to go on a charter boat trolling for Stripers AKA Rockfish May 5th out of Chesapeake Beach, MD. I have never done this before so do any of you Marylanders have any words of wisdom although I know the captain, and mate should take care of us.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Magicman

I can't help, but I can wish you the best on this fishing trip.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Fla._Deadheader

Used to use "Bunker Spoons" shined up really well. Helps to have a Nor'easter waiting in the wings, to rough up the water. BIG pencil Poppers work, also. Have to chug them across the surface.  This was 40+ years ago, though.  ;D

Best we ever did, was develop the live shad technique. Have to keep them alive, which is VERY difficult, but, we developed a way to keep them for up to 30 days.

Free line them away from the boat while anchored or drifting, and wait for the explosions. It gets the old pump going really fast.

Best we ever had in the boat was 42#-49" long. ALWAYS caught by guests. We only got to 26#.  ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Dan_Shade

Cheseapeake Beach is a bit north of me.  when you're heading down towards the town, you'll probably be on route 260.  after you pass through Owings, and go about a 1/2 Mile, there's a barn up on a hill on the right probably a 1/4 mile off the road.  I sawed the siding for that :-)

How long will you be in town?
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

gspren

Quote from: Dan_Shade on April 27, 2013, 07:05:45 PM
Cheseapeake Beach is a bit north of me.  when you're heading down towards the town, you'll probably be on route 260.  after you pass through Owings, and go about a 1/2 Mile, there's a barn up on a hill on the right probably a 1/4 mile off the road.  I sawed the siding for that :-)

How long will you be in town?

We will just be there for the day. One of the other guys has gone before and he made all of the arrangements, when I heard him say he had a couple openings to fill the boat I volunteered my brother and myself. I really am looking forward to a day on the water.

drobertson

eat your wheaties!  not only will the stripers wear you out but you will surely get into some blues as well, great fishing, great time,  happy for you 8) don't forget some pics, this should be good!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Weekend_Sawyer

The captain and mate will take care of you and your fish. You supply your own lunch snacks and beverages. Don't forget to tip the mate.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

gspren

OK sorry for the delayed update but things happened. We caught 4 stripers, 36"-20 lbs, 38"-22lbs, 38"-24lbs, and 43"-34lbs. I got to reel in the big one and that's work of the good kind! 6 guys fishing from mid 50s to late 60s on a 36ft boat it was a great day on the bay. When my brother sends some picture I will try to post.

Magicman

That is a nice report Gary.  Fishing is good but fishing with your Brother is priceless.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!