iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A New Partner For The Mill

Started by highleadtimber16, April 23, 2013, 12:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highleadtimber16

Well the Patrick is finally going! Everything works great and and all she needs is some welding for the hood and cosmetic stuff. Drove her up to the pit then down to my new mill yard.  :)

2011 Wood-Mizer LT 40 hyd w/ 12' Extension,
EG 200 Wood-Mizer
Cutting Old Growth Cedar from Queen Charlotte Islands.

m wood

very well done highleadtimber. congratulations.  I think the beast gots a few years left, thanx to you!
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

justallan1

It's good to see it going. I enjoy tearing into an old piece of equiptment, trying to make them go.

Allan

highleadtimber16

A little update on Old Patty, I run her everyday! She's got a cracked head and water leaks out of the rad into the engine. Doesn't seem to care a bit. I can still lift big logs and run her up the hillside. She starts faster than my excavator. Yes I do bother to do oil changes  :D and grease everything!

Fir Beam

Fir Tree from up the hill.

Picture of the yard.
EG 200 Wood-Mizer

thecfarm

That looks diffeant now. with all fours wheels on it.
If I saw that out by the road for sale I would have to stop and look at it.Well I would stop and look even if it wasn't for sale.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

haywire woodlot

That's the one I was thinking of, glad it's working out.
Dave

julio

Go by your local part house and tell them you want some Blue Devil ( liquid glass) and pour it in the rad. and do what on the bottle and no more leak   $59  down here a bottle
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

highleadtimber16

Quote from: julio on September 28, 2013, 08:36:04 PM
Go by your local part house and tell them you want some Blue Devil ( liquid glass) and pour it in the rad. and do what on the bottle and no more leak   $59  down here a bottle

I will try that! The engine never really seems to get hot so I'm not to concerned but it would be nice if it stopped leaking! One of these days I'm gonna put the engine cover back on. Then she'll really shine.
EG 200 Wood-Mizer

julio

You will soon lose $59 in antifreeze .Just do what it says on the bottle.

highleadtimber16

Quote from: julio on September 29, 2013, 03:59:40 PM
You will soon lose $59 in antifreeze .Just do what it says on the bottle.

It's all creek water  :D
EG 200 Wood-Mizer

julio

It get cold up there and if you don't put antifreeze youll have more problem than just a leak

highleadtimber16

Well a little update. I think around last october I was rolling down the yard with a lift of 2X6 and the old girl stopped. The pickup oil filter clogged right up and seized the engine. Probably should've taken the oil pan off while I had everything apart. Live and learn! Anyways I found the same engine except a little newer. Had to drive up to 100 mile house. It's been sitting for a while. The old owners ran it out of fuel and thought the fuel pump was gone. I took the cover off sprayed it with wd40 and tapped the fuel shut off with a hammer and it started working again. Just waiting on a new head gasket now. Then it'll be ready to go into the forklift! The tractor will be a nice lawn ornament.

EG 200 Wood-Mizer

Chuck White

Hello highleadtimber16, and welcome to the Forestry Forum.

It's always good to have younger members join, in the interest of forestry and milling!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

samandothers

Keep us updated on how the transplant goes.

ozarkgem

Man that is one cool machine. Looks like a giant Dung Beetle from he!!. How do you get in the thing? Are you sure you are only 18? Does me good to see a young man interested in this stuff.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

scsmith42

Quote from: ozarkgem on September 23, 2014, 06:06:43 AM
Man that is one cool machine. Looks like a giant Dung Beetle from he!!. How do you get in the thing? Are you sure you are only 18? Does me good to see a young man interested in this stuff.

Indeed.  I sense that this young man will be a future success story - (moreso than he already is)!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

JB Griffin

Nice lookin loader you got there. Kinda rare bird of a tractor you got there I have seen one in person but at one time my family owned 2 1/2 Fordson Dexta's all with 3 cyl. Perkins.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

terrifictimbersllc

Wish I could have one of those!  :o :o :o
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

highleadtimber16

Unfortunately I am still 18. Another 8 months till they stop kicking me ouot of the bar  :D
My Grandfather was nice enough, to lend me his loader till I get mine fixed. To be honest I'd rather keep this!

EG 200 Wood-Mizer

Thank You Sponsors!