iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Western Red Cedar Cants

Started by Percy, April 19, 2004, 11:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

Can anyone give me an idea of what WRC cants 8X8, 10X10 and 12X12 , 8 thru 20 feet long(appearance grade) would be selling for in the US. in truckload quantities??? There still is a 28 percent import tax tacked on to the price of softwood entering the US from Canada and I think the margin would be too skinny...BUT...ya never know..... Any help appreciated..
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Oregon_Sawyer

Percy:

My house was made out of 8x8 cants that were then milled into my logs.  The place that shaped them shared a yard with a company that builds timber frame houses.

I asked them if they knew what the cants were worth.  They said yes as a matter of fact they had to find some for a job and had to pay 3.50 a board foot.    This was about a 1.00 more than I had figured. (US Dollars)

This doesn't tell you a truck load price but would give you a guide.

What kind of price were you hoping for?

Loren
Sawing with a WM since 98. LT 70 42hp Kubota walk behind. 518 Skidder. Ramey Log Loader. Serious part-timer. Western Red Cedar and Doug Fir.  Teamster Truck Driver 4 days a week.

Percy

Hey Loren.
Wow, thats some good price ya!! Truckloads price would be cheaper Im sure but this  may be doo-able. I was hoping to get around 1500. Can. which is kinda cheap but you have to add the 28 percent at the border so the price goes up. After shipping costs, brokers fees, yaddayadda, there might be a buck left in it for Percy :D ;D
Thanks for the info Loren.
Later.
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Thank You Sponsors!