iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My lawn!

Started by Woodhauler, April 21, 2013, 11:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Think i will turn it into a parking area next year! Just got done raking a acre of lawn! Well maybe a half acre ;D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Chuck White

Our lawn is just beginning to dry out and wife is getting anxious about getting it raked.

We have a couple of large 40"+ dbh White Pine trees in the yard and the needles are awful.  These 2 trees comprise most of the yard work!

If I had my way and it wasn't so much work, those 2 trees would be gone!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sawguy21

Our lawn looks like a hay field but the rain won't stop long enough for me to deal with it.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

red oaks lumber

i can't see my lawn
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

mesquite buckeye

Our lawn is dirt and cactus. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

justallan1

Until last year when I bought a riding mower we cut and baled my yard for feed, plus fire protection. We could get over 2 large round bales, and that's just where we could get the swather!
Allan

Ken

After the last few days of warmer weather and a bit of rain we can finally see about 1/2 of our lawn.  What I can see is littered with sticks of wood and brown clumps both left behind by our 2 year old lab. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

chet

My lawn is still under a couple of feet of da white stuff.  :-\    At least I'm pretty sure it's still under there, it's been awhile.  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

chevytaHOE5674

Like Chet my "lawn" is still under a couple feet of snow.

Bibbyman

We don't try to win any awards with our lawn care but we've learned that it's more work later if we don't get on top of it.  We'd mowed the lawn proper a couple of times already but not the acre behind the log lot.  The fescue was a foot tall in clumps.  I hooked up the trailing mower to the Mule and gave it the once over. I felt a little foolish mowing wearing a heavy winter coat and a stocking cap.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

red oaks lumber

alot of summer days thats how we mow :D they don't make rider mowers with enclosed cab and heat.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Autocar

Living in a woods I only mow twice a year if it needs it  :D Iam pretty sure my neighbors wonder about me but I always figure theres better places to spend time then mowing a grass that will be just as tall in a week  ;).
Bill

Roger2561

Guys - There's one thing I'll never understand.  My neighbors spend quite a bit of time and money putting down lawn fertilizer and weed killer on their lawns.  Then they'll spend the summer and moan about having to mow the lawn!  A couple of years ago I asked one of them why the fertilizer and weed killer?  They said they wanted "color" in their lawns not brownish like mine.  Heck, the last time I checked brown was a color (well, that's what they told me in the first grade). 

There is another neighbor who is a single mom.  She works incredibly hard to raise her son the right way and provide for him.  But, the son is a bit lazy.  Last summer she was trying to get him to mow their lawn.  They have a riding mower - old but it runs and does a nice job.  He claimed it was to hot to mow the lawn.  So, much to my dismay, she did it instead.  But, she decided to wear her 2 piece bikini. Well now!.  Talk about a distraction!  ::) I nearly wrecked my mower watching her instead if watching where I was going.       
Roger

Corley5

RoundUp is a great alternative to mowing  ;D :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Bibbyman

We have about 30 acres tillable and another 30 in pasture.  We had cattle but the sawmill took up all our time so we got out of the cattle business.   We reached an agreement with neighbor farmer brothers to let them pasture and put up hay.  They do a lot of work around the farm, fence building, mowing, fertilizer, and such that I could never keep up with.

I still spend a lot of time brush hogging and keeping trails clear and area around our house and the folk's mowed.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

beenthere

Quote from: Corley5 on April 21, 2013, 07:49:42 PM
I know all about that. Am trying to re-seed now.... :snowball:
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WH_Conley

My thoughts exactly Corley.
Bill

Paul_H

We mow once a week until the hot dry season then let it turn brown til the weather cools and the rain returns in Sept.In our other town we were in the valley bottom and the grass was always green.In that same town when we lived further up the valley there was our next door neighbour,an excentric that had no lawn and the trees grew right up against the house.
His wife got me to cut some back one day but I found out he was upset about it when he got home.Politely told him to pound sand because my intention was to help,not rile and didn't know it was against his wishes.
Anyway,the house was too far gone by then anyway and it all grew back and messed up the foundation,siding,eves-everything.He died last year and they flattened the house,it was that far gone.

My thoughts on a lawn is that it is about the least amount of work to keep nature from swallowing up a house and as already mentioned in a earlier post,it offeres a good firebreak.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

SwampDonkey

Today, if the wind is gone outside, I'm going to wallop my lawn with a 20" popple. Then it's pick-up sticks. ;D  I see why it died now, a big old target canker girdled it. Popples!  ::) ::)

My lawn is 99.99% snow free right now. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Corley5 on April 21, 2013, 07:49:42 PM

But it ain't half a much fun as watching the neighbor in the two piece bikini mowing her lawn!

mesquite buckeye

Don't tell my wife, but I kind of prefer the one piece bikini. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

beenthere

As this spirals downward........ ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mesquite buckeye

Sorry, couldn't help it. I'll be good, I promise. ;D

Roger2561

I guess I coulda/shoulda gone over to warn her how dangerous it is to work outside dressed like that.  I could have easily run into something and gotten hurt.
Roger

Thank You Sponsors!