northern adirondak yankee farmer

redpowerd

hes talked about it,
should he think about it, or should we plan around him and just show up? ;D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

jokers

Hi Jon,

Haven`t got a date yet but definitely planning on it. Around "Boonville" may be a good time for me and for others who have to travel, could kill two birds with one stone, eh? Everyone will be welcome but there aren`t likely to be any engraved invitations, LOL.

An axe throw is a great idea, I`ll have to look around for a block or two or I could make it BYOB, Bring Your Own Block.  ;D

I`ve got an open door policy here. You can show up anytime and be welcome.

Russ

oldsaw-addict

Hey the open door policy, I like that one. always a sign of a nice person ;D The open door and armed man in the doorway is the one that scares me. When is "boonville"? WHAT is boonville? I'm not totally up to date on these things.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

Bobcat_pa

Jokers:   I was planning on doing the Booneville thing this year.  Heard it was worth attending.   Got a date for your thing ?
bob

jokers

Hi Bobcat,

My "thing" (ex) has never had any trouble getting dates on her own, although I would consider helping her if it makes her leave me alone.  ;D

I don`t yet have a date that I`ve planned for my get together but I`ll be sure to post it as soon as it looks definite. BTW, my open door policy is still in effect even if I don`t have a chainsaw bash here and I live only about 10 miles west of Interstate 81 and 20 miles north of the NYS Thruway. Pretty easy to get to.

Russ

jokers

Oldsaw,

Here`s a link that might prove informative. http://www.starinfo.com/woodsmen/

Russ

ccicora

Boonville is a good show to do if you can get in. They only take the top 40 competitors that apply their times. So you can pay your 30 bucks for 6 events and only end up in one. I know for the bowsaw and single buck times had to be dropped from last year. I was ranked 43 in single buck last year so I was not orriginaly in the show BUT 3 guys didn't show so I just snuck in. Finished 21st. and made the cut for this year. Bow saw was a bit better finishing 13th. Not bad for spending 6 weeks on a couch just before the competition. Hope to see you guys there.
Chris
I race a bit, just enough to keep me in debt

Hunter

Stihlman,
 What events will you be in? I might come and watch. I am not sure how far it would be from here, but seems like a good show.
I will try to contact you.
Hunter
Jmccomas@insight.rr.com
614-554-2169
Dolmar / Efco / Redmax / Silvey Grinders Sales

redpowerd

ive never been to the boonville days, but ive heard its much more communist than tupper lake days as far as the sports go. im still looking forward to going, not even sure how big it is. i know tupper lakes takes the whole park on the lake, main street, and all the bars in between.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

ccicora

Hunter,
I know that I am in at least the Bowsaw, Single Buck and Hotsaw events because of my times last year. Although, I half to reapply this year for the other events. I apply in late june. I need to get a replacement partner for the doubles events.

As for the size of the show. I think that it makes tupper lake look small. You can go from one vendor toanother and not even know it at booneville. Don't forget to get your Huskies at the big Blue Barn. Best prices are there. Ask about the Track saws. They are the best price saws of the show.

Later,
Chris
I race a bit, just enough to keep me in debt

redpowerd

thanks chris, didnt quite know, tupper lake is the only one ive been to cause its home :)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Hunter

Stihlman036,
 Good prices on husqvarna huh. Is the better half going to run her new saw there?
Hunter
Jmccomas@insight.rr.com
614-554-2169

jokers

QuoteHunter,......Don't forget to get your Huskies at the big Blue Barn. Best prices are there. Ask about the Track saws. They are the best price saws of the show.

Later,
Chris

Only the track saws would be the best prices at the show from the big blue barn. CCD and Kahler sales have better prices on Husky according to the prices advertised at Boonville.

Russ

Hunter

Russ,
 Thanks for the info. Not that I need any more saws. I have plenty.
Thanks
Hunter
Jmccomas@insight.rr.com
614-554-2169

Thank You Sponsors!