iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack Orange?

Started by timberlinetree, April 18, 2013, 05:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberlinetree

Skidder restoration is coming along... Slowly but surely :) Just wondering what kind and what color orange paint to use? Something pretty close to Timberjack that I can get at TSC or another farm/equipment store... Any suggestions? Thank you!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Frickman

John Deere owns Timberjack. Call them up and see what they might have. I have used their construction yellow and black paint different times and is very good quality.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Rob-IL

I mixed 4 parts Vansickle AC Orange with 1 part Vansickle International Red (1 quart of Int red with 1 gal AC orange) and came up with a orange that is quite close to Timberjack Orange. Don't forget the hardner!!!
I grew up around logging but chose to be a heavy equipment mechanic for several years. Later in life my interest changed so my cousin and myself went into logging on our own in 1988.

Mark K

I used Allis Chalmers orange from TSC. Couldnt tell the difference.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

PAFaller

According to a friend of mine there is a paint called domino pizza sauce that is the same as the old TJ orange. But its spendy and requires a reducer and should be shot from a gun. If you are just cleaning up a few spots Allis Chalmers orange is real close like mark k said. I put new wheels on mine and painted them kubota orange. it was a little bright, but on a rim that was in the mud 20 minutes after the last lug was tightened it looks pretty good.
It ain't easy...

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thenorthman

rattle can it close... its not like there is a restoration society that is going to mark you down on points at the next skidder show.  I like xo rust, its cheap and works good, although I have the suspicion I should have washed some more of the grease off my skidder before painting... that and maybe waited for it to stop raining completely... (that would be some time in july around here)

as a side note new holand grey sticks to moss just as well as it sticks to rust...
well that didn't work

cutter88

Quote from: thenorthman on April 18, 2013, 10:56:09 PM
rattle can it close... its not like there is a restoration society that is going to mark you down on points at the next skidder show.  I like xo rust, its cheap and works good, although I have the suspicion I should have washed some more of the grease off my skidder before painting... that and maybe waited for it to stop raining completely... (that would be some time in july around here)

as a side note new holand grey sticks to moss just as well as it sticks to rust...

lol northman u paint like me :D
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

coxy

allis orange       it my make it run better ;D ;D

lynde37avery

chevy orange I heard is almost exact.
Detroit WHAT?

mobile demensia

Tremclad "zesty orange" is a pretty close match to my eye.
Timberjack 230D
Mobile Dimension 127
Woodcraft 30-20a
2 Stihl 660's
and growing

timberlinetree

Thanks so much everyone... Looks like we are going with the Allis orange. Definitely glad we asked because we were leaning toward the kubota orange! Will post the pictures once she's finished. Going slowly, but surely - got the steering cylinder and blade cylinder out and ready to be resealed. Transfer case is on its way to be rebuilt and thaen she'll be ready for paint  8)

a old timberjack

I used 1 gal of allis orange and 1 quart of new holland red. Tractor supply brand. Mix them well, and don't forget hardener . Good luck.
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

modifier

While searching to see if Allis Chalmers orange would was close to TJ orange because I can buy it in the local ACE hardware store, I found this thread.  I thought you might want to know that John Deere sells TJ orange and TJ green in spray cans and gallons.

www.     wfmfiles.com/download/John_Deere_Enamel_Colors-High_Performance_Paints(DKD1536_05-03).pdf

and for the motor.    https:   //dieselpro.com/detroit-diesel-parts/353-engine/engine-paint/detroit-diesel-26006-green-paint.html#.WiK3fkynFEZ

larry1

I also used Allis orange on the 230  plus I own a Allis WD45 . Painted my tractor 9 years ago with Valspar and she still looks good .

lopet

Happy B day to the two birthday boys and happy painting.  Yes, Allis Chalmers is the way to go.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

timberlinetree

Thanks a lot, I miss the woods and skidding!

timberlinetree

Some rollers,brushes,spray cans and a couple kids and it came out like this.

newoodguy78

Better than factory smiley_clapping.Looks nice

bushmechanic

My goodness she's sexy!!! Is she taken??? I'd put a ring on her  :D

thecfarm

Looks nice. Mighty nice.
How about a picture with a twitch behind it.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Mountain_d

Looks great! Nice to keep the old TJ's going! Mountain.
1978 TJ 230E 3.9L Cummins 4B, Husky 372XP, Husky 61, Husky 266XP, JRed 625, Husky 265RX clearing saw,  Woodmizer LT40HD 1995, Kubota 4950DT (53hp 4WD), Wallenstein V90 Skidding Winch, John Deere 610 backhoe, 1995 Volvo White GMC WCA42T SA Dump Truck, 2004 Ford F-250SD 4WD, , Central Boiler OW

larry1

Sure looks good !!! just added another 5 G to her !!

mike_belben

Wow.  Thats gotta be 50 more horsetorques.
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!