iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hydraulic Collector Rebuild

Started by smwwoody, April 15, 2013, 06:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smwwoody

Has anyone ever rebuilt a hydraulic collector on a log loader.  The one on my barko 160 is leaking.  some people tell me to put the new seal kit in and it will be fine and some people tell me that they can not be rebuilt
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

jwilly3879

I have some Barko 160 manuals in pdf format I can share. What years the loader?  I have 1969 through 1985.

PM me and I can email it to you.

240b

An accumulator?   I had two rebuilt on the Cat skidder, I think they are charged with Nitrogen. Bladders went bad. Lots of pressure if I remember.

clww

If it is actually an "accumulator" there will be a nitrogen side and a hydraulic side. The pre-charge of "X" psi of N2 is what keeps the hydraulic side at a constant pressure for instantaneous use. Not sure of your particular one, but I have rebuilt lots of hydraulic components in the past, most are easily accomplished. Obviously, you just need the correct parts beforehand.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

snowstorm

Quote from: smwwoody on April 15, 2013, 06:05:24 PM
Has anyone ever rebuilt a hydraulic collector on a log loader.  The one on my barko 160 is leaking.  some people tell me to put the new seal kit in and it will be fine and some people tell me that they can not be rebuilt
you mean the rotary manifold. the hoses to the stabilizers run thru it or oil to a slasher. on a truck mount loader all the oil would run thru it. 

loggah

I have done it on a 653 john deere fellerbuncher,and on my cat 235 excavator. as long as the body or the rotating center dont have any major scores in them new seals should do the trick,you have to be real careful putting the unit together to make sure you dont damage the seals. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

kiko

I have revealed these many times.The outside part I call the
barrel may have a grove worn by dirt at the top and this is usally where they leak. If this grove is to deep the whole thing will have to be replaced as they dont sell them seperatly. I have real with a slight grove and they hold. Be sure Mark   all the hoses well and Mark the swivel pieces so it will be timed when you reinstall.

smwwoody

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

kiko

Yes but only lightly,if it has a groove and you try to take it all the way out the tolerance for the seals will be to great

newstick

You can Call Serco Loaders in two harbors mn 218 834 5031. Im pretty sure they built alot of the collectors for older barko loaders.
Im am owner operator of Newberg Forest Products.We are a convental logging company with a Timbco feller buncher, two John Deere skidders , a strokeboom delimber, and a Serco log loader with circle slasher saw.
In the summer time my other company builds Handcrafted Log Homes. I love the woods!

Thank You Sponsors!