iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yet another Ugg Lee log, but it's what's inside that counts!

Started by Delawhere Jack, April 15, 2013, 05:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delawhere Jack

This ugly duckling is the heaviest log I've put on the mill so far. 34" x 12' black walnut, works out to 4,392lbs from the chart.

I stopped by the site a couple months ago, and this log was half buried in dirt from a grading project. The client had some other logs, but I told him this one was the prize. I'm pretty sure I also mentioned something about cleaning it with a pressure washer once he got it "unburied". I guess I should have stressed that point a little more... :-\

Anyway, after dulling a chain and a couple bands this puppy yielded up some of the prettiest walnut that has come off of my mill.  :) Yes, there were nails....... three..... And they took out two bands. But I think it was worth it for 400+ bf mostly 20" wide walnut. :) :) :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Nice boards. I see you made BED BORADS for your trailer.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

T Welsh

Jack, That,s a pretty log compared to some of the stuff we come into. Remember, Its not whats on the outside that counts!!!!! I can see metal in it, but I have a buyer that is hot on Walnut right now and paying $2.50 bf sawn for #1 common !!! Tim

Delawhere Jack

red oaks lumber

borads..that is the style of boot elmer fud wore when hunting wabbits :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: T Welsh on April 15, 2013, 05:55:09 PM
Jack, That,s a pretty log compared to some of the stuff we come into. Remember, Its not whats on the outside that counts!!!!! I can see metal in it, but I have a buyer that is hot on Walnut right now and paying $2.50 bf sawn for #1 common !!! Tim

Now you tell me... I sold about 150bf of 8/4 that was #1 and better for less than half that much at an auction last month. I thought it would be a good way to spread some business cards around even if I didn't get much for the wood. The only call I've gotten so far from it was from a guy who called me at 9:30 on a Friday night, drunk out of his gourd and talking about having me mill a log his neighbor has.......  >:(

POSTON WIDEHEAD

clww

Quote from: clww on April 15, 2013, 05:51:20 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on April 15, 2013, 05:48:34 PM
Nice boards. I see you made BED BORADS for your trailer.  :D
What's a BORAD? :D
Sure you can, just not twice in the same post. :D :D :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

T Welsh

That price is normal for #1 common sawed and sold in mbf bundles kiln dried! My buyer is paying that for green right now. Your market only 1 state away is different! Our cash cows are veneer and anything in Cherry and Walnut,White oak is hot right now too.Tim

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Ya'll R like a bunch of DanG Dictionary Buzzards sitting on a thread just waiting for somebody to spell something wrong. And then you swoop down and pick all their letters out of their Dang alphabet until you make them want to go take an online typing course. This gets me board. :D :D :D :D :D

clww

Those walnut slabs you milled look super, DJ! 8) 8) 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on April 15, 2013, 07:09:59 PM
Ya'll R like a bunch of DanG Dictionary Buzzards sitting on thread just waiting for somebody to spell something wrong. And then you swoop down and pick all their letters out of their Dang alphabet until you make them want to go take an online typing course. This gets me board. :D :D :D :D :D

I thought you were BORAD??? ;D ;D ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

OlJarhead

If guns kill people then keyboards miss-spell words!  LOL

Anyway, NICE WALNUT! :D
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

scully

I know guys that hate to chance anything that might have iron . Me personaly I would trash a few bands to get to the gold in that log ! There is always a market for walnut !
I bleed orange  .

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: scully on April 15, 2013, 09:38:17 PM
I know guys that hate to chance anything that might have iron . Me personaly I would trash a few bands to get to the gold in that log ! There is always a market for walnut !

I agree Scully......been a lot of gold thrown away just to save a blade.  ::)

LAZERDAN

He is The Most Interesting Man in The World and here is why. This is not my  work .      It's BORAD so don't question him       :D

dgdrls

Quote from: scully on April 15, 2013, 09:38:17 PM

except the walnut I sawed :D 

DGDrls

Thank You Sponsors!