iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

saw till

Started by purple otter, April 15, 2013, 04:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purple otter

I needed some organization for my handsaws other than just hanging them on nails ,so I built a saw till out of some oak scraps and walnut and cherry hardwood floor scraps.

The storage "drawer" actually pivots instead of pulling out normally because it is only 8" deep. Now I can keep all the files and spare parts in a safe place too.
Hudson Oscar 228 on homebuilt trailer, Kubota B2320 with homebuilt forks,Stihl 028 Super & 029 Super, Solar Kiln .

clww

Well-thought and extremely useful. I like it very much! 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Tree Feller

Quote from: clww on April 15, 2013, 04:42:06 PM
Well-thought and extremely useful. I like it very much! 8)

Ditto.

That' a nice project.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

Lud

That's a great home for some classics.  I respect what you've learned and preserved. 

That said,  I've pretty much gone over to the pull saws.  They seem to have more control and accuracy. IMHO ;)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Wow.....I like the old 12 gauge on the far Right.  ;D

Very nice Otter.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

limbrat

POSTONLT40HD you aint right i scrolled up to look :)
ben

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Lud

Poston, there's folks that'd say you an ornery peckahwood......! 8)

(in my perspective,  that's one of the finest compliments I ever got.........)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

clww

That's our David. He's sumpin! ;D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Gotta make life a little fun, if not....things will take you down.  :)

Holmes

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on April 15, 2013, 08:35:25 PM

David that is a 3" pvc drain pipe if you have a shotgun that looks like that it will shoot like crap... ;D  ;)
Think like a farmer.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Holmes on April 16, 2013, 07:50:04 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on April 15, 2013, 08:35:25 PM

David that is a 3" pvc drain pipe if you have a shotgun that looks like that it will shoot like crap... ;D  ;)

I had a TATER GUN one time made out of a 3" PVC pipe that would shoot a TATER about 70 yards.  :D

Tree Feller

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on April 16, 2013, 09:07:08 PM
I had a TATER GUN one time made out of a 3" PVC pipe that would shoot a TATER about 70 yards.  :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You gotta love a Mater-Head who has a Tater gun. 
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Migal

:) Very nice Saw cabinet purple otter

:D only thing I can say on the tater gun is don't let a drinking welder buddy mix the fuel 8)
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Dodgy Loner

Quote from: Lud on April 15, 2013, 08:28:34 PM
That said,  I've pretty much gone over to the pull saws.  They seem to have more control and accuracy. IMHO ;)

Depends on the user. I started out with pull saws but have switched over to western saws. :)

I need to build me one of those, otter! I need a place to store my files, saw sets, spare parts, and not to mention, my saws!
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Leigh Family Farm

Don't feel bad about scrolling up...

I just did it as well  :( :( ;)
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

thecfarm

That is quite the storage for your saws.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

purple otter

Yea ,I scrolled up too. Got a good laugh out of that Poston :D :D :D
Hudson Oscar 228 on homebuilt trailer, Kubota B2320 with homebuilt forks,Stihl 028 Super & 029 Super, Solar Kiln .

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: purple otter on April 17, 2013, 04:09:24 PM
Yea ,I scrolled up too. Got a good laugh out of that Poston :D :D :D

poston-smiley

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Lud

I still have two tater guns.  Both an inch and a half and  a two inch.   Both have a chamfered barrel  that cuts the tater into a perfect cylinder.  Use a broomstick to tamp it down near the 4"  gas chamber.

It is the perfect tool for shooing off the Canadiens off my lake at the back end of the farm.........it gets rid of the geese too......... :D ;D :D ;D ;D

jueston

Quote from: Lud on April 20, 2013, 06:16:34 PM

It is the perfect tool for shooing off the Canadiens off my lake at the back end of the farm.........it gets rid of the geese too......... :D ;D :D ;D ;D
:D :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!