iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmaster C Blades

Started by levans, April 14, 2013, 08:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

levans

Back during the winter I received three free Woodmaster C blades from Dan Sawyer, I Wanted to try them on some pine and it's taken Me this long to get some pine on the deck. I have to say so far they are one of the best blades I have ever used for speed and straight cuts. I,m running at one and one half the feed rate I was and so far have not had any blade dive on knots.
I haven't had time to run but a few hundred feet but if I see a good increase in footage per blade I think the extra four bucks per blade will be worth it.

drobertson

Dan also sent me some C-sharps, and I agree, these are some quality blades, all I have cut has been erc, but very good results. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

hunz

I tried the C-sharps today that Dan sent me as well. I cut 2 different diameter white pine logs. One was a 10" cant and the other was a 26" diameter log 10' log. The cant I sawed with the C sharp sawed exceptionally fast. Next was the large log. The saw moved faster through the log than timberwolfs I have, but made ever so slight dips on the big knots. I attribute the knot dips to the low set on the C sharps(.022) vs my timberwolfs(.024). I did however notice that the C sharp seems to stay sharper longer than the Timberwolfs. I will get the set increased for my large diameter pine logs in the future, .022 seems to be fine for maybe 18" diam or less pine. I have yet to try the 7* .018 hardwood blades Dan sent me, but will update when I do. These will be my new blade choice over the timberwolfs because of sharpness longevity, and cut finish.
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

levans

It's good to see I'm not alone in My thoughts on the C Sharps. I'm only getting to saw for an hour or so at a time so I've only sawn a few hundred feet, how many feet the blade saws will be the final deciding factor on which blade is best for Me.

wills swamp

i had the same results as hunz in pine with the 10 degree c sharps.was wondering about more set for large knotty pine also.in 12"-16" clear pine,i was getting 1200 bft out of a blade(fast cutting speeds with a smooth finish).
i quarter sawed a 24" dry white oak with the 7 degree with good results.going to try the 4 degree also.i realy like these c sharps, hope they come back from sharpening as good.thanks to dan sawyer.
wills swamp custom sawing-2002 wood-mizer lt40/hydraulic/d33,nyle L53 kiln,case 1845sp,massey203/loader/farmi winch,john deere 450c crawler/loader,husqvana saws,logrite tools

Thank You Sponsors!