TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

PAFaller

Looks pretty good to me, that little stuff at the top shouldnt be too big of a deal. Are you pulling off a buncher or hand chopping that stuff?
It ain't easy...

Meadows Miller

She looks the goods I have always liked the static delimbers  ;) ;D ;D 8) Is it a bar trip for the arms or do you also have radio control Mate  ???
4TH Generation Timbergetter

smwwoody

we are cutting it all by hand right now.

We just got this ready to go for next week

we will set the delimber up next to the barko and use it to delimb
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

smwwoody

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

treefarmer87

that works great, the loader looks new now :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

smwwoody

you should see it now that pic was before we spent 6 hours with the pressure washer.
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

Meadows Miller

NICE Mate  ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

log cutter

The Danzco delimbers are good delimbers, with the low mount the slash builds up really fast.
Timbco 475E

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Kemper

Have you tried any hard wood? Is the barko a 160?

cutter88

first time ive ever seen anything like that that's really cool :)
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

Corley5

I was wondering how it does in hardwood too  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Autocar

Pretty cool Ive never seen one work before, how often do you have to blade the limbs from in front of it ?
Bill

Woodhauler

Quote from: Corley5 on April 13, 2013, 09:41:08 PM
I was wondering how it does in hardwood too  :)
I have hauled off a guy for years that uses the same kind of limber thats made in maine, He limbs most all hardwood other then oak. He has a 210 and a slasher.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

smwwoody

i have not tried it in hardwood yet.  as strong as it is built im sure it would do good with pulp sized hardwood trees as long as you have the power to pull through it

That is a Barko 160
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

smwwoody

about every 3rd or 4th skid you back up to it and pick up the slash with the grapple and carry it back into the woods with you as you are going to get another skid.  those pine limbs work great on soft spots on the skid trails
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

240b

Boy that delimber is slick! what are the mats around it for?    I have my loader mounted on a pitts trailer and found that it works really well to put a bunch of weight out on the tongue.(to keep it from moving around handling tree length or chip wood) I got a 2k lb block of concrete. Plus, it put some weight on the truck rear end when moving it. 

smwwoody

with a sorting grapple on a single arch it is a little hard to get the trees into the jaws of the delimber. (the stems are not high enough off the ground)   I have a bunch of those 12 inch thick mats so i used them to raise the skidder up a little.  pluss it helps to keep from making a mud hole if the delimber is going to be in one place for a long time.
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

smwwoody

We set it up on the tongue of the barko today.  It works great.  Just pick up  3 or 4 sticks of tree length pine and pull them straight through.  then into the slasher cutt the butt logs off cutt the tops off at 3 inches and set them on the trailer
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

Meadows Miller

Gday

Sounds good n looking forward to seeing a clip of that rig workin Mate  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris

semologger

have you ever used a delimbing gate? they work great in pine also. i bought a prentice 410 d and put my ctr delimber on it. It has the topping saw on it.

Kemper

Quote from: semologger on May 31, 2013, 03:31:50 PM
have you ever used a delimbing gate? they work great in pine also. i bought a prentice 410 d and put my ctr delimber on it. It has the topping saw on it.

How do you like it? We have a 384 and it's so heavy we first took 8' out of the frame and last week torched off the delimber to try and lighten it up some. We stay in hard wood, usually pretty good stuff, so it didn't help us that much. Would be good in pine or softwood though.

smwwoody

Gates work great for pulp wood but the post plant complains that a delimbing gate doesnt get the limb flush enough for their process.  The danzco de limber worked great mounted on the front of the old barko.  here is a pic

We had some problems with the barko and have made some major chainges over the last few weeks.
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

Thank You Sponsors!