iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Red Man Sawing

Started by chet, April 18, 2004, 09:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

Sawed all day yesterday. Our first truly summer day,  70's and beautiful sunshine. Seeing as how this pale faced, balding  northern boy ain't see da sunshine since last Sept., I decided to take my shirt and cap off. Bad move..... bad, bad move.  :'(  

Correction Stupid move.... Stupid, stupid move.  ::)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

dewwood

What do Red Yoopers do, forget over the long winter?  Can't really say anything the top of my head was pretty red from the same thing about a week ago.  Must be we are a week ahead of you on our weather.

Have not talked to the son recently, don't know how the weather is in Houghton.  He was skiing not that long ago.

Have a good summer!  Maybe we can hook up for a few blue beers somewhere along the way.

Dewey
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

dewwood

I think my wife's family reunion is the same time.  If I can make it I will try to come up.  It would be fun meeting more of the members as well as renewing old acquaintances.  Especially with the blues.

Hope I can make it.

Dewey
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

dewwood

Chet,

We are planning on being in northern Wisconsin and upper Michigan in late June.  If you would send me your address and phone number  I will try to look you up if we are close.

Thanks,

Dewey

chet

Our local ski hill is still open. We are paying for the nice weather yesterday, right now as I type we are being pounded by hail.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Dewey, I have the answer. Get your entire family to become forum members, then just simply bring da food on up here. ;D

dewwood

Jeff,

That would be quite a crew, the wife has seven sisters and one brother as well as all of their extended families.  They live all over the US and Canada and get together every three years or so.  It becomes a rather large and sometimes boisterous(usually the women) crowd.

What is the date for the forum piggy roast again?

Dewey

Jeff

August 7th. You can always click on the piggy roast countdown to the left to go to the date and the thread.

Ron Scott

The weather was great in Houghton/Hancock last Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Chet would have had his shirt off up there also.
~Ron

dewwood

Talked to my son yesterday and he said the same, the weather had been real nice but had turned kinda nasty Sun.  He is almost done with classes for this year then will be going over near Chet's to work on research all summer.  

Dewey

Corley5

It was nice down here also.  I caught some sun while discing with a red tractor.  Got a bit of the raccoon look going from having my sunglasses on.  The wind howled last night and into the morning.  Our high was 74 degrees at 2 AM.  At 7 AM it was still 60 but by 10 it had dropped to forty.  Must still be April ::)

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

chet

The storms we had here must have pooped out before they got that far. We had some pretty nast weather here yesterday. High winds, big hail, and lots of rain. In Eagle River, Wi. just down the road from us the Pamida store and the high school both had their roofs blown off. My mom lost a few 3' plus red oaks in her yard.

Corley5

We didn't get anything of that sort.  It was nice during the day with sun and a couple passing sprinkles.  Lake Michigan quite often sucks the punch right out of storms before they hit the coast.  I saw the radar pics and those storms looked nasty.

Haytrader

Corley,

Is that a WD9? Settin on tall rubber, what ever it is.
Nice lookin JD offset with good discs.
Tin looks fairly new on the barn or is it fresh painted?

Chet,

Please keep that nasty weather up there.
I hate to hear of a community's loss like that.
Haytrader

Corley5

W-9 on 16.9-34s.  I think they're 34s anyway.  I know they're not 30s.  I haven't looked in awhile to see what they are ;D.  With the price of gas now I wish the old girl was a diesel.  I burned 15 gallons of gas discing 6 acres yesterday.  That offset makes her work pretty hard anyway.  The barn and its roof were painted a couple years ago.  Another year and the rust will be showing through again ;D  

Tom

AH yes!  Summer.  It's just around the corner. Yesterday was 82 most all day.  Problably one of our last cool snaps. ;D

Kevin_H.

I got my first burn of the season sawing on saturday...Back of the legs. Still stings...Maybe we need a thread on sunburn treatments... ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

chet

After not seeing any sunshine for so many months a guy simply furgits.   :-/

Thank You Sponsors!