iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hitachi Processor Issues

Started by lostyooper6, April 10, 2013, 09:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostyooper6

Alright gang, i just purchased a Hitachi processor, it is a 1994, I think it is a 150 model.  Anyway, it was sitting for several years before I bought it, the machine is pretty tight and works good except the drive seeems to lack power.  It drives good forward or reverse but will not hardly turn or pivot, but does not seem to labor when I try just won't do it.  Thoughts?

giant splinter

Sounds like someone else is running it, if the operator is wadding up the undercarriage with dirt and slash have him spin the track off once in a while or the next problem that develops is something will fail or he walks out of the track. 
roll with it

snowstorm

is there buttons or dials for track speed? should be a rabbit and turtle? also 3 pump settings also settings for swing priority ect. my cat excavator has all this and most do. pump setting on #3 is the highest. first thing its an excavator they dont have a lot of travel power. they were ment to dig with not travel thru the woods with all the extra weight on the head. have the pressure checked

Corley5

My Hitachi was never real fast or strong.  Too much of a side load trying to turn and it wouldn't do it.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Meadows Miller

My mate Jack dose not like em at all for logging he had one took the head and computer of it which was all he brough the machine for put the bucket back on and flogged it of the the next fella as he said to me they where not the best breed to have havesters fitted the ones he saw overhere gave nothing but dramas throughout the hyd system  :)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

ClarkF66

I had a 1988 Hitachi 063 with a prosessor head for years. When I first got it I was sure there where something wrong with the drive motors, or some preassure problem. When my local Hitachi service guy checked it out he said it was as it should be. I had to help with the arm to turn it if there where any resisitance. The machine itself where almost indestructible. Here is a picture it with a grapplesaw. We could switch between the gripsaw and the prosessor head in 15 min or so.

Thank You Sponsors!