It saves to have friends.

Started by Bibbyman, April 09, 2013, 01:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

We were down to our last oz of RustReaper.  I asked Mary to order some BlueCreeper.  I found her what I wanted on the BlueCreeper web site and she took over.

That was a couple of days back.   This morning we got an email from TamIam saying she had applied a Forestry Forum member discount and had switched shipping from UPS to FedEx to save us aven more!

And if that wasn't enough to make my day, TamIam said she was including samples of hand cleaner.

Thanks!  Logrite team!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Tam-i-am

Bibbyman  You're very welcome!

And to the rest of the FF members:
We love the Forum and if you identify yourselves as members we can
look for scratch and dents, give discounts and work with you.
so if you order from us directly be sure to identify yourself as a member.

Tam I Am

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Leigh Family Farm

There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

thecfarm

Hand cleaner??? Is that the new secret weapon??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bibbyman

Quote from: thecfarm on April 09, 2013, 08:06:20 PM
Hand cleaner??? Is that the new secret weapon??

Maybe she's clairvoyant. Yesterday I installed a new battery and cable, changed the oil, greased,  cleaned air filter,  fixed exaust leak, cleaned built up crude off engine in clouding dead mouse on our AGCO 4660 tractor. By end of day I needed hand cleaner and more! 
Sawing since '94

thecfarm

There was a post last week that Logrite was working on something,but could not say what it was.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tam-i-am

I announced the handcleaner earlier in January when Trapper asked what was going on at bluecreeper.

It is a walnut hand cleaner.  Chemically formulated to clean the skin not a degreaser.  It removes everything from your skin including metal ions left behind by other soaps.  Leaves hands softer.

One of the welders here gets really dirty.  She uses the stuff in the shower.  ;D

As for the announcement last week in the Logrite section - Kevin is designing a new tool for Stihl.  We will most likely offer the tool as a Logrite as well.  I'll keep you posted.

beenthere

QuoteIt is a walnut hand cleaner.  Chemically formulated to clean the skin not a degreaser.  ............Leaves hands softer.

One of the welders here gets really dirty.  She uses the stuff in the shower.

So I gather this is not a waterless hand cleaner. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

wwsjr

Ordered Bluecreeper this morning, plan to use it to try to recover a few tools left from fire. My last small bottle went up in flames. Tammy is also sending me a foam handle replacement for the 48" cant hood, burned off from fire. Invoice shows handkind sample also. I will test the cleaner on my soot blackened hands from cleaning up fire debris, Lava not working very well.  Thanks Tammy.

Willie
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Jim_Rogers

I guess I must be blind, but I couldn't find a link to any hand cleaner on the bluecreeper web site.
Can you post a link?

Jim Rogers

I'm out of orange and need something new and blue......
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Bibbyman

ElectricAl dug up this old picture of me and Mary visiting with Kevin and Tammy at the Wood-Mizer 30'th anniversary party.
Sawing since '94

Tam-i-am

I'm sorry I don't have the soap on the website.

Our intention was to private label it, but that isn't happening as fast as I would like.

I was also hoping for some feedback from the people we sent samples to.

I guess I will just put it on the website under its own name.

Tammy

Bibbyman

FedEx just left.  I opened the box and Mary snatched up the hand cleaner samples and took them off someplace.
Sawing since '94

Tam-i-am

oh good, she can let me know what she thinks

wwsjr

Got my Bluecreeper order today, will test the hand cleaner samples tonight and let you know the results. I ordered a gallon jug and 2 of the 1 oz needle applicators. I am going to try to salvage some of the tools from the fire. I have several aluminum pans that I plan to soak tools and see what happens. Thanks for the new rubber grip for the 48" cant hook.

Willie
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

wwsjr

I used about 1/2 of the sample of hand cleaner last night to clean soot and dirt after handling charred wood all day. That stuff works down to fingernails! I have been using the orange cleaner, the walnut shell base works much better. I will be buying it in the future. 

Willie

Tam-i-am

I'm glad you liked it.

Now I just have to get it on the website.
Or you can call me to order.

I think I keep procrastinating just so I have a reason for members to call me. ;D

beenthere

:D
QuoteI think I keep procrastinating just so I have a reason for members to call me

Reading that, brings to mind the very last words to a song my son's quartet sings: "Oh, so lonely me"  ;D

Now, I know very well with your growing family that you are not "lonely", but hope you do get the calls.  :) :)

That walnut cleaner does sound interesting. Am wondering why walnut, and what is the background behind that ?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tam-i-am

Lonely - no I am not lonely.  And sometimes my phone rings off the hook.
However, no one is ever as friendly as the FF members who call.

As for walnut in the cleaner, I don't know the answer to why they use it, but I do know we have tried other walnut cleaners that were not as nice.

I will have to get the answer to that question for you.

clww

If I clean my hands with this, will I be attacked by the squirrels around the cabin? :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Bibbyman

Quote from: clww on April 18, 2013, 04:30:31 PM
If I clean my hands with this, will I be attacked by the squirrels around the cabin? :D

Maybe, not necessarily because of the hand cleaner.   :D
Sawing since '94