iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E-classic 2300 firebox door upgrade

Started by Logging logginglogging, April 08, 2013, 08:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logging logginglogging

So i noticed when cleaning my door is seperating, I could have pulled the whole inner plate off the door by hand if i wanted..... rust has been fallung out of the door as well. What the repacement  / door upgrade kit consist of for parts and how much does it cost? I am gonna try and finish the year with the door the way it is since ill be done burning by the end of May. I am not under warentee so I just was curious what it will cost out of pocket and I would just curiouse what you get in the kit? That big plate for the inner? Bolts? door latch parts? just curious as I know ill have no problem actually doing the repair as I do mechnaic work and fabrication for a living anyway.
ps anyone have any door failure pictures or pictures of it when you had it all apart?
Thanks

doctorb

Had my door upgrade at the beginning of 2 heating seasons ago.  The upgrade was free, as I recall.  My dealer installed it in less than an hour.  I just paid him for his time and for a new gasket, as I recall.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Logging logginglogging

Read in my post... I am NOT under warentee.... and it will NOT be free...

doctorb

OK, I flunked the SAT reading section. :D  But because my OWB was still under warranty, I can not help you with the costs.  Good luck and please let us know how much your "upgrade" costs.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Logging logginglogging

I finally stumbled upon anothet thread where a guy that got it under warentee for free but it showed the cost was 299.00 for the part. I expect in all i will pay around 300.00 - 350.00 give or take.

stumper

Whole new inner door.  You can reuse everything else.

r.man

How old is your furnace? Call me old fashioned but I don't think doors should fall off of things until they are really really old.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

talldog

I know you said your not still under warranty,but check with your dealer anyway. You might be surprised. This is my 3rd season. My dealer was here on another matter and mentioned to me that mine was starting to warp. He said Central boiler was making good on them still, but to not wait too long. It only cost me the shipping . I have not swapped it out yet. I will after shutdown.

jeff4955

I can add some good info here. I just replaced my door last week and it too was totally junk. It did not look that bad  but I noticed it leaked a lot of smoke. So I called Central Boiler and they wanted the serial # of my stove and said they would send a ( courtesy replacement) door kit to my dealer. I installed it myself in about an hour and a half. All it cost me was the freight to the dealer. $18.00 to Northern Iowa.They were careful not to call it a warranty repair part but non the less I am not going to complain. My stove is one of the first e-classics built. Mfg date of July 2008. The new one piece door gasket is a great improvement over the old one. Much easier to install. I am glad I replaced my door because when I get in to it ,it was in way worse shape than I thought. The inner door was completely gone. I took a bunch of photos during the installation and I will try and attach them here. Hope this helps, Jeff

Logging logginglogging

Mine isent leaking smoke yet.... but its definatly junk... My stove is a 2008. I think it does leak some air though because I did notice i was getting more goo than usual.

petefrom bearswamp

Once again
Check my replies to a couple of other posts regarding Glassifiers.
I am so glad i bought before these lemons came out.
If mine fails I am only out about seven grand cost of installation and have more than amortized the cost in 8 years.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Logging logginglogging

Wow, i dont even have close to 7 grand into mine, that sure seems like a lot of money. I got mine one year old used and got it cheap. Besides the door that I just had fixed for free, I have had no problems and burn far less wood than the old style.

Thank You Sponsors!