iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TransCanada/Keystone pipeline

Started by Texas Ranger, April 07, 2013, 02:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

crossing my clients property, lost 15 acres, but they paid the land owner well.  I negotiated, so had a taste myself.

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

sawguy21

It likely will get seeded with grasses but any brush will get sprayed so it can be inspected from a helicopter. Wildlife will put it to good use.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

We are probably going to see the same from Quebec east to the St John refinery. That is unless it's all another pipe dream for votes like the liberals did with various projects that evaporated into oblivion.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dom

In NS and parts of southern NB, there is the natural gas pipeline.
Looks very similar.

Texas Ranger

Those pipe sections shown are 36 inch diameter.  The agreement with Keystone was that they will seed in native grasses.  Usually the put in rye, and it dies in the summer.  We shall see.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

UN Hooker

36" Dia.  That's just what I'm lookin fer to make my OWB. A 4' length to make the firebox.
I already have a 5' dia. X 8' long piece for the outside water jacket.
     UN
Retired Toolmaker/Moldmaker
C-4 & C5D TF - 5500 Iron Mule - Restored 4400 Ford Ind. FEL ex Backhoe w/custom built boom w/Valby 360* grapple w/18' reach - 920 Cat w/bucket & forks w/clamp - Peterson 10" WPF - LT-15 - Cooks Catsclaw & Dual tooth setter - many Husky saws

gspren

We have a 30" nat gas pipeline crossing our farms and they were willing to pay for the pasture mix seed that I bought, they put in a cheap rye seed and I later over seeded with the more permanent pasture seed.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

beenthere

To my understanding, it is normal to put down rye as a cover crop, along with the grass seed. The early growth of the rye protects the eventual germination of the grass seeds.
Rye alone wouldn't accomplish much over the long run, seems to me.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

delgra

Swampdonkey, Is the pipeline going to the rock?? I thought it was going to Saint John.
Bob from Sussex

SwampDonkey

Saint John, NB yes.

Newfoundland, no.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Scott

How deep is the pipeline? Deep enough for logging trucks to cross over it so that the timber on each side of the pipeline can be harvested when desired?
~Ron

WmFritz

Was the lease a one time payment or does your client collect an annual payment also.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Thank You Sponsors!