iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Has anyone purchased bulk bar and chain oil ?

Started by sweetjetskier, April 06, 2013, 06:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetjetskier

A friend of mine says his OPE dealer sells bar and chain oil  from 55 gallon barrels and he gets the oil for much cheaper than a gallon at a time.

You have to buy at least 5 gallons where he gets the oil and supply your own containers also.

I have not seen this in my part of CT, but was wondering if any CT FF members have come across suppliers who offer bulk b/c oil.

Thanks for your help
Arborist, Horticulturist, Nursery and Turfgrass Professional with 27 years experience.

sawguy21

I am wondering if he is buying recycled motor oil.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DDDfarmer

I asked my local fuel dealer for a quote on winter-summer bar oil last summer.  If I bought by the case it would be around $2 a gallon cheaper, BUT if I was to buy a min of 5 cases at once I could get it around the $7.25/gallon.  Stores around here are about the $13/gallon area.

Never asked about a pail or drum tho...... maybe in a year or two ;D
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

Handymark

The mill I work for buys bar and chain in 55 gallon drums from the local fuel supplier. I do not know what the bulk pricing is.

bill m

I have bought drums of bar oil in the past from F.L.Roberts in Springfield Ma. Yes, it is cheaper but you need a heated space to keep it in. It does not like to pump out of the barrel in colder weather.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Thank You Sponsors!