iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

speedie sleeve

Started by duckslayingpro, April 06, 2013, 04:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duckslayingpro

I was wondering you guys thoughts on speedie sleeve. the transmission output shaft is wore pretty good. the new seal acts as if it was never installed. if there is a better option i would like to know it. this is on a john deere 440a

jdament

I used speedy sleeves a lot as a heavy truck tech on output yokes and they work fine.  Never had one leak on me.

Al_Smith

They work just made certain you get the right size .

chevytaHOE5674

I have probably a dozen in service on the farm on everything from driveshaft yokes, to wheel hubs seals and none of them are leaking. Just get the proper size and be careful when installing them as they are very thin and easy to bend or stretch if installed off square.

mad murdock

Speedi-sleeves are the cat's meow! If you have a piece of equipment that has a shaft with a worn seal area it will save you some serious $$. As said before measure twice and buy once ( they come in cajillions of sizes).
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

enigmaT120

The size you order is linked somehow with the seal number, if you can find and read that on the old seal somewhere.  I had a bunch of them installed on my '58 Chevy when I was adding the Napco running gear -- rear axles, transfer case shafts, and even some of the front axle locations.  They're not cheap but they're cheaper than new parts, and the machinist who installed them for me said they will last longer than the original shaft surface.

He told me that some of my shafts were grooved enough that he made up some JB Weld to put under the sleeve, to support it.  I don't know if I would have thought of that myself.

Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

Thank You Sponsors!