iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Its getting hard to move around

Started by lyle niemi, April 06, 2013, 09:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

I have to do some major landscaping this spring or summer..lol

Tee

Guessing your picture is recent, it's hard to believe there's that much difference in temperature. Then again there is a lot of miles between also. I saw my first alligator of the year this morning and by weeks end the high temps are supposed to be in the 80's.

slider

Lyle we are in the same pickle here in south georgia just no snow.Sawing today in my lot boots.

al glenn

Sprucegum

My place looks a lot like Lyle's  :(

If I see any alligators I'll have to stop drinking  :o

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Slider, I'll take all your mud if you throw in your shed. :D Nice set up!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

two-legged-sawmill

Working during Mud Season is always more demanding, useing up slab wood and covering with a little saw dust doe's wonders. When it dries-up cover with a little gravel, after a few years you'll have a very good base. Good drainage ditches help a lot.
"There are no secrets to success. It is the results of preperation, hard work, and learning from failures"

Jim_Rogers

It was muddy here. I laid down a layer of 1" boards to walk around the mill yard and stack lumber.
It rained some.
I had to lay down a second layer of boards to get up above the standing water.
It hasn't rained in a while and the yard has dried up some.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

chevytaHOE5674

Starting to get muddy here as its thawing out a little bit. But the ground has been freezing a little bit at night so I can get a little tractor work done early in the morning before it thaws out again. Now its snowing again and calling for up to 8" so that will only make it that much more soupy when it finally does decide to warm up.

bandmiller2

Cheer up Lyle pretty soon the mud season will be over and blackfly season will be here. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

thecfarm

I really don't know where the mud is. Seems like more mud when I walked across the field than outback. I was splitting wood there today and no mud. I've been working in this area for years. There must be 6 inches of sawdust,bark,pieces of wood. Should be some soft, but the wind has been a blowing lately too. Snow around the wood pile been gone a couple weeks. But walk about 200 feet to the edge of the woods and there is still some snow.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sawdust Lover

I had to spray the ground around the mill to keep the dust down.  ;D

red oaks lumber

i never complain about the mud season, we have to go through it to reach the other side :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Thank You Sponsors!