HELP - Junior is stranded!

Started by Tam-i-am, April 05, 2013, 02:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

Junior is looking for a new home.  Current home keeps him in the dark and doesn't allow him to work.
One thing Junior really enjoys is hard work!  So Junior is willing to work for transportation and room at a new location.  Junior is located in Boulder, CO and looking to go anywhere work is available.  Current home has no way to package Junior for transport.  New home would need to be a  FF member and
be able to pick Junior up in Boulder.

If you can help, let Tamiam know.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

beenthere

What is the past history of Junior? How'd Jr get stranded?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooseherder

What a nice thing for you guys to do for a very lucky Forum member. 8)
A Class Act. :)

Jeff

I have a connection in Denver that might possible help out...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tam-i-am

We sent Junior out to be part of a study or test.  When the test was done, our Colorado dealer was supposed to go and pick it up.  The Colorado dealer is now out of business, leaving poor Junior to fend for himself.

What I think Jeff is saying is he may have someone who can pick it up and pass it on to someone. I guess Junior could do a little hitchhiking from member to member to get to his final destination.

John Mc

I'd love to give Junior a new home, but the logistics of getting him from Colorado to Vermont are probably much more trouble than it's worth: almost 2000 miles and 29 hours of driving time (one way). Much as I'd love to see the story that might come out of organizing a series of hand-offs to transport it out here, I'll have to face the fact that it just isn't going to happen.

So here's another thought:  what about a "Forestry Forum"-owned arch?  The first member to pick it up gets to use it for no more than "X" months. After that time, it must be passed on to another member.  By taking Junior into your home, you are committing to passing him along to the next member, and assisting in the transportation to get it there.  No member can have it for a second time as long as there is a member interested who has not had it yet. 

Everyone who gives Junior a home will be required to take pictures of him at work, and post them it in Junior's gallery, with comments and location of use.  Extra points (or months of use?) awarded for the most unusual method, funniest story, or largest distance traveled in assiciation with the hand off from one member to another.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Rooster

New Member Natemode is very interested to getting the arch.  He is a Firefighter with the National Forestry service, and he has started a tree service company.

Contact me and I can give you his number.

Thanks,

Rooster
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

beenthere

John Mc
Your idea is a creditable one, but one that was tried a few years back. I think the problem was it would end up hung up somewhere with little to no get-up-and-go to move on to another spot. Was a bit of a let-down, but people are people....all different kinds.

Send a PM to member Natemode and let us hear from him.  8)

I see he joined March 1, but has never been active. Maybe just comes in as a guest?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

If this new member is interested, he needs to show up on this topic himself.   He registered but has never logged in. So, so far he in not even eligible.

Trying to pass an arch around was a total failure

Rooster

Jeff,

I agree...he is away from his computer momentarily...hopefully he will get a chance to log in and introduce himself.

Thanks,

Rooster
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

Rooster

John Mc

I didn't figure the passing around would last long, but I wasn't all that worried about it, since if it "stalled" at some member's place, it would meet the same end as if it was just given to a member to start with.  I just figured we might get some interesting stories out of it until it stalled.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

beenthere

QuoteI just figured we might get some interesting stories out of it until it stalled.

Exactly what was thought when it was tried before. Died on the vine real quick, if I recall   :)
south central Wisconsin

NateMode

Hello, I finally signed in (I guess I have been viewing as a Guest for most the time)  I am Nate, recently joined FF!  I am starting my own Arborist company, nothing too big right now as in the summers I work for the Forest service as a Fire Fighter.  I have also just graduated from UW-Stevens point with a Forest Management Degree.  I have worked for a few companies around the area and have never been able to talk them into buying and trying out a LogRite.  Now since I am going out on my own I would love to try one and see how it goes. 

If still available I am very interested in trying to work this out. The difficulties about this though, is that I live in Wisconsin, and work in Northern Wyoming.  I will make a special trip down to boulder and pick it up if possible!!

Rooster

Nate,

Welcome to the Forum...make sure you check out the rest of the Sections.

Welcome to your new obsession!! ;)

Rooster
Mike Rowe

Rooster

Tam-i-am

I have to say I like the idea of passing it around because the stories and pictures would be great but I too remember some kind of epic failure.
The only successful thing we were able to pass around is the Forestry Forum special cant hook everyone signed and gave Jeff.  The difference with that was it was easy to put back in the box and ship it to the next person.

Nate, if you have a way to get it you can have it.  I will call you on Monday and give you the info you need to pick it up.

You could still post pics and tell us how Junior is doing. :D

Shotgun

Wow!  Nice jesture, Tamiam.  But then it's Logrite.  What else would we expect?

8)

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Buck

Nate.....we like pictures!...welcome to the forum
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Nate and Congratulations on adopting Junior.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

NateMode

Thank you everyone, and yes I will try to post pictures!

Nate

Tam-i-am

I spoke with Nate yesterday and he has all the info to rescue Junior from Boulder.
I hope he posts pictures.

r.man

A great solution to your problem.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Tam-i-am

Nate should be in Boulder sometime this week.
It will be great to hear that Junior is in the hands of a friendly FF member.

NateMode

Hello from Wyoming!  Junior has been rescued!  It was a tight squeeze in my little car, but we managed to carpool up to Cody, Wy where we are spending the summer.  Thank you Tamiam for letting me adopted junior! He is in good hands now!
more pictures to come, internet will be limited this summer
Nate

Jeff

thecfarm

Logrite may want to use that picture.  ;D  That shows what can be done. Good for you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Leigh Family Farm

Nicely done Nate! Good luck this summer and keep us updated on how Junior adapts to Wyoming.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Tam-i-am

Thanks Nate!  I'm glad Junior is in good hands.

Looks like Junior will be co-piloting the trip to Wyoming.

Brad_bb

Something about those boys from Wisconsin!  I wondered where all those Walmart photos were coming from?

Nate's Dad, Steve is the main "Character" in the BlueCreeper video I caught on video.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!