iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cooking Quad Pod

Started by abo4ster, April 04, 2013, 03:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abo4ster

Got this idea from my friend Tim Smith of Jack Mountain Bushcraft so had to make one myself.

The idea is to have a moveable pole just higher than the tallest person in camp.  Off the poll, chains support pots and/or a grate.  The poll can slide back and forth, side to side.  Everything is up high and the structure is large, so no need to worry about knocking something over.  Plus it is a good way to hold cooking tools and you can even extend a table off the structure.  Stainless steel milk pails make awesome pots at a reasonable price too...

Putting the reflector oven to work and little mountain man breakfast...

gwilson

Looks nice! Now in Hungry  :D

Norm

Neat idea and some good looking food too!

drobertson

Killer idea, lots of dishes, same time,  nice looking mtn,man breakfast!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

m wood

how'd that reflector oven work out?  those biscuits look awesome against an open flame.  did you have to turn that tray? 
The whole thing looks like a real good time!
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

abo4ster

Yes, with that many biscuits you have to spin the tray to keep it even if you do a good job with the fire.  There is a door on the back on this particular oven.

Between a Dutch oven and reflector oven, not much you can cook in the kitchen that you can't cook in the woods.  Both are actually pretty forgiving.  Or your just that much hungrier in the woods and it doesn't matter as much!   ;)

drobertson

Camp outs and camp eats are just plain better, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!