iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ice Cream Scoops With Pics

Started by Mrs Beaver, April 03, 2013, 08:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs Beaver

These are the Ice Cream Scoops I did for our customer. 

breederman

Together we got this !

DaleK

Love the fourth one from the bottom
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

breederman

I had my eye on that one too dale
Together we got this !

Norm

I like them all but I'll agree with the other guys about that particular one.  :)

Tree Feller

You have a talent for turning and an eye for shape and proportion. I like them all, too, but I especially like the bottom one. It's a pleasing shape and those three beads are very well done.

BTW, I think I see Purpleheart, Redheart (or Bloodwood), Birdseye Maple, Tiger Maple and Walnut. Am I close? 

Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

Mrs Beaver

Thank you all for the compliments. I really like doing these a lot.

Just turned a bunch of wood keychains and this week will be doing some pizza cutters and some different style pens as well.

I like doing this so much that I take the lathe to the lake with us on weekends and turn pens and such there as well. Have a nice little Carbatech lathe that is not too heavy to move around.

Tree Feller, to be honest, the customer we made these for sells all sorts of exotic woods and he supplied each of the blanks for the coffee scoops in the other post and these ice cream scoops. I think you are right with each wood you guessed except for the walnut. Dont think there was any walnut at all, but it was dark brown in color and very hard

Mrs Beaver

By the way Tree Feller, the rings are a lot easier to do than you might think. Actually have a tool that cut one and another that cuts several equally spaced rings at a time. Talk to Busy Beaver and he can tell you more about them. He got them for me. I think he might even have a set of them on ebay now. They do work great as you can tell. Dont think i could get the rings that nice any other way. 8)

Thank You Sponsors!