iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by anchorhd, April 02, 2013, 10:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchorhd

Hi,
Iwas lurking here for awhile decided to logn and post. I am in the process of putting a mx34 togeather.
I am in ne nystate on a 56 acre tree farm.
I can't wait!

davidlarson

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  There are many smart and experienced people to help you with issues related to your tree farm.
David L.

Jay C. White Cloud

Welcome, Achorhd...you will love milling, I sure.
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

dgdrls

Welcome anchorhd,  great group of folks here.
Lots of Norwood guys and NY sawyers on the Forum.

you'll have to post some  pics of your mill when its built,

Best DGDrls

rooster 58

Welcome to the forum ;)

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, anchorhd.

Lots of good people here!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Seaman

Welcome, lots'a good folks here.
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

thecfarm

anchorhd,welcome to the forum. You will need a cantdog or peavey. Logrite is a sponsor on the left to help you out with that. Ever been around a sawmill before? What's the plan for the sawmill and lumber?
I have no idea where Hambug,NY is to you. But there is a Logging show there on May 3-4.
http://www.nefpexpo.net/Windex.htm
I go to the one in Bangor,Maine. At that show there are sawmills that are in use,small scale logging equipment,skidders,wood processors,chainsaws, big chippers,wood splitters,really anything to do with wood. Free to get in,regsiter on line and have a good time. You can spends all day there easy.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tgalbraith

8)  Welcome to the forum. Good luck on your new venture. :snowball:
M Belsaw, 46" insert blade, Oliver 88 power  plant

justallan1

Welcome to the forum, Anchorhd.
If you can't find an answer for your questions here, there may not be an answer!
There's folks here with all kinds of experience and willing to help.
Allan

dboyt

Anchorhd, greetings from Missouri!  Welcome to the Forum from a fellow Tree Farmer & Norwood sawmill owner!  I've run the Norwood MX34 for nearly two years, now, and it is a tough little mill.  I even towed it to the National Tree Farm convention in Florida last summer to show it off.

Take your time putting it together, and just follow the instructions.  The only problem I had was when I tried to do something different from the instructions, then had to disassemble it and do it right.  Cant hook, chain saw, wedges to open up the cut when you have to back the blade out, axe for cutting out mud and rocks in the bark, and a few wrenches (including Allen wrenches to adjust the blade guides).  You'll need at least 10 bands, 20 is better.

Pay attention to blade tracking.  First thing I did when I started my mill was to throw the blade and put a kink in it.   Keep us posted on your progress.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Gasawyer

Welcome to the forum Anchorhd!
Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

dukndog

WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

swampbuggy

Welcome to the FF and to MX34 ownership. As you can tell these folks like pictures! Good luck with your build. Dan
If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

anchorhd

Thanks for the info.
I cut my 1st pine today. I need to cut the logs a little longer so both log dogs secure the log and the cant is not perfecty square. I will adjust it tomorrow.

ND rancher

Welcome to the forum! Now we need photos.  Keith
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

dboyt

Congratulations.  I see much sawdust in your future!  It will take a while to get everythng dialed in perfectly, but if you pay attention, it all comes together.  One thing that helps is to put a carpenter's level on the flat side of the log when you make your second slabbing cut.  If the mill is level, it will tell you when the log is square to the blade.  I still do that from time to time to make sure it is still in adjustment.

If you need to, you can shim it with a wedge to get it square

Also, keep an eye on the ceramic blade guides.  I had to adjust mine a few times before they were right.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

francismilker

Welcome aboard!  There's lots of good information to glean here.  These guys (and gals) are a good bunch. 8)
"whatsoever thy hands finds to do; do it with thy might" Ecc. 9:10

WM LT-10supergo, MF-271 w/FEL, Honda 500 Foreman, Husq 550, Stihl 026, and lots of baling wire!

Thank You Sponsors!