iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Badminton Day

Started by thecfarm, March 31, 2013, 07:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Grand kids was here for Easter,just 4,from 10 years to 19. The 19 year old girl said she was to old to come out and play. Glad she did not tell that to the Grand Father.  ;D I had to drive the crow bar into the  frozen ground a couple inches to get to the soft stuff. Can't let them kids down. I don't know what the big deal is about a Badminton net,a birdie and a couple rackets. One of my friends come over with his Grand kids too.All the kids that come here just love that game. We don't keep score,but I do teach the kids to serve right. I kinda tell them the scoring part,but I want them to have fun and just play and get outside.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Played the game when I was young and still like to. Now I have about 7 shuttlecocks / birdies up in our Oak tree where the kids hit them up there.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

I never hit the birdie in the snow and ice and glaciers.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

Fantasic memories! Family time is good!  I hope you got some photos for the book,   
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

The wife and her son came out to take pictures. But they did not choice to play.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

The largest scar on my body is from playing badminton. I was playing with a bunch of good looking girls and felt the need to impress them by sacrificing my body to make a shot. When I dove for the birdy, my arm hit the top one of those cheap metal stakes and took a triangle shaped, 4 inch long hunk of meat out.  :D

I cut the tip of my middle finger of my right hand off while ripping an aluminum can in half that might have been that same year too. They sewed that back on. No feeling in it, but it's still all there. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

One thing that was funny was the wind. I had the 10 year GD on on my side and the two 14-15 year GS on the other side. Some how we got stuck on the wrong side,up wind,I think. We would hit the shuttlecock,and it would go over the net and than the wind would blow it back to our side. The boys really liked that.  ;D  A few times we would try to hit it back. I kept asking her,Why did you pick this side?  :D Than one started to scoop up snow with the racket and throw that around. Yes,it was a fun day. Seems like it's hard to get together. Lucky if we do it 4-6 times a year. One thing that is even harder is that both parents are divorced. Seem like if his kids are there,hers are not,or the other way. The 19 year old wants to be here for anything that is going one. This is the place to make Christmas cookies,she was here a few weeks ago to color Easter eggs and she brought her college room mate with her. We still have some eggs that they did years ago. We all was looking through them.

Thank You Sponsors!