iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Four Year Plan is Finished

Started by Sawdust Lover, March 30, 2013, 08:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawdust Lover

Four years ago I decided to build a new woodworking shop and start saving for a new mill. Once I got the new shop built I was able to start saving for a new mill. But if I got a mill I wanted to be able to store and display the lumber I sold. So after 4 years I finally finished my last building last week. Now the dream I had is complete. I can finally saw and sell lumber. Here are some pics of what I ended up with.

WDH

That is what I call doing it right!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

The best plan is one that worked.   smiley_thumbsup  Nice.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jay C. White Cloud

Very, very nice..."if you build it, they will come!"
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'd love to get into your stack of slabs one day........when you're gone.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

RexBandit

That looks awesome. I really really like how you got it all set up. Hay if you don't have anything plane for the next four years you can come down to my place and build whatever you like. I'll nave ya a couple pads all leveled out whenever your ready.
I'm new so I can use all the help I can get.

WoodenHead

Wow!  Very nice setup.  I've got about 3 years (or more) to go... :)

Amelia Farms

That is just awesome, all of it. You are not that far from me, do you entertain visitors?
Woodmizer LT40, wish it was hydraulic.

Peter Drouin

Thats a nice set up, and I see the green tractor ,  I use Jim Rogers Idea of using pallets , I don;t have to jump off john to put down 4x4, all the pallets are made from junk wood or logs,and have stickings every 2'nailed to the pallet over the 2x4 on end, for me It works good

You can see in the back ground the pallets , I can keep all the sizes apart and move them with out getting off john
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sumday

Beautiful setup, Sawdust Lover. I pass through Floyd every once in a while, I'll have to check out your operation and get some ideas.

rockman

Beautiful set up you have there Bill. Keep up the good work..

Kevin
kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

Nomad

Wow!  When you hit the starting gate you don't plan on messing around, do you? ;D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

moandrich

To say I was jealous would be the understatement of the century!
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

Sawdust Lover

Quote from: Amelia Farms on March 30, 2013, 09:21:08 PM
That is just awesome, all of it. You are not that far from me, do you entertain visitors?
I love to have visitors. Just let me know when. Thanks for the comments! It's nice to have everything done. Now I can focus more on my day job and sawing lumber. Think I'll take my wife out to dinner too!

schakey

Think-Dream-Plan-Do

justallan1

Very nice set up you have there, Sawdust Lover.

Tom the Sawyer

Not only is milling logs for someone an 'event',
but visiting your shop is now a 'destination!'

Great looking setup,  smiley_thumbsup

07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

clww

Outstanding work and congratulations, too! 8)
Maybe I'll come down there this summer.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

woodworker9

Beautiful work, and I really like the way you display your slabs with some finished work to show the possibilities.

You're 4 years ahead of me!

Jeff
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

redbeard

Very nice job! Good Ideas you guys had! Every time I get my lumber all cut stickered and dry ready to build my dream project somebody comes along and buys it.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

woodyone.john

Well,there is testament to the value of a plan if ever I saw it! Good job. cheers john
Saw millers are just carpenters with bigger bits of wood

stefan

Very,very nice looking! And a "sun-powerd" kiln aswell.
How long does it take you to dry a stack of boards, roughly, if you dont mind me asking?

JustinW_NZ

I love it!

Your planning and patience have been rewarded I feel!
I'm just still trying to find the right bit of land so my mill can spit sawdust out at home :D :D

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

brb

Awesome!! Looks like a great plan to follow!

Thank You Sponsors!