iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Being somewhat of a beginner craftsman, I liked this video

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, March 26, 2013, 01:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The New Yankee Workshop. Building a table with a Cherry Top.
I found this to be very interesting and more enjoyable with a cup of coffee. I learned a few things.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4agjDMbjptk
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

A very young Norm!  I enjoyed watching The New Yankee Workshop.  I, too, learned a great deal from that show.  I am not sure if I watched them all, but I would not bet against it  ;D. 

Here is a cherry desk that I made that is somewhat similar, just no stretchers.  This is the very first picture that I posted on the Forum many moons ago!

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Man Danny......looks good. By not having stretchers, it allows you to sit all the way around the table.
If it's called the New Yankee Workshop up North......what do you call yours down South?  :)

I pull for the Southern Boys myself.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

If it's called the New Yankee Workshop up North......what do you call yours down South?  :)

I pull for the Southern Boys myself.

[/quote]

Well it's the yankee Workshop, where the Southern Boys learn how to do that kind of stuff :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;)

That is a nice table WDH
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

jdtuttle

I watch his show every weekend  on his website. He has a new project once a week & if your interested in his plans there well drawn. http://www.newyankee.com/index.php
Have a great day

WDH

Thanks Peter, but I actually use it as a desk.  The large drawer in the front is actually a pull-out keyboard.  The New Yankee Workshop has provided me with much inspiration. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

Ya WDH norm whips out a project in 60 min and makes it look easy :D :D :D :D, but I bet he spends hrs to get it right for tv, thats what happen to me ,I use to watch him years ago and see the tools that man had in his shop  :o :o, and that got me buying tools, and with the tools and know how they work help me make the things I have, but I had a wood mizer too so all the things a mess up that went in the wood stove was ok, I just go get a another board :D :D ;D
I did learn a lot from him
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

AK Newbie

Hey Poston thanks for posting this link!  I also learned a great deal, now I know how to make a tapered leg jig for my table saw for one thing 8)  Really sweet table WDH someday I hope to be able to complete a table project with that kind of quality!
LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

Tree Feller

Thanks for the NYW video, David. I thought I had seen them all but I didn't recall that one. Norm was pretty young and the shop tools were pretty basic, too.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

clww

I have watched that show for years on PBS. I also have all of Norm's books.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Warbird

Very cool!  Another show I sometimes watch is the Woodwright Workshop, also on PBS.

Thank You Sponsors!